New toys - chicken

Anne M.

TVWBB Pro
New toys & chicken

Some time ago I ordered octoforks and a grill basket.
They took a while to get to me as I got them sent to a friend of mine in the USA and he then delayed coming here. BUT, I got them.

I also realised that I hadn't posted in a while, so here we are:

A chick on the octoforks
nSLnMowl.jpg

OkBN5vUl.jpg

And left overs got turned into pulled chicken
z4CRPBgl.jpg

Chicken in a basket:
xnCNDbil.jpg

mBFYo4Wl.jpg

And the drip pan potatoes and onions
uNYfX76l.jpg

I do like my new toys.
That basket is so easy to work with and the octoforks can hold a lot of food very securely (I didn't need to truss the chicken).
I am not getting the full benefit out of them as I am using them on a old 18.5" kettle.
Somewhere in the near future, I can see a rotisserie ring for the 22.5 coming my way :cool:

Last edited:
We love rotisserie cooking & both chicken cooks look super. I'm sure they were tasty.

Bought Octoforks when they first came out & have used them a few times. Cleanup is pita, imho.
They certainly work well for holding all types of food items.

Terrific looking color on the chicken Anne. That's the pits to have to wait like that for a fun new order. I get antsy with an order from Amazon Prime, and that's just two days!

Tasty looking chicken! I like to spatchcock a bird or two and stick them on the Octoforks!

We love rotisserie cooking & both chicken cooks look super. I'm sure they were tasty.

Bought Octoforks when they first came out & have used them a few times. Cleanup is pita, imho.
They certainly work well for holding all types of food items.

I've never had much problem cleaning mine. I give them a squirt of vinegar and dawn dish soap from a spray bottle then into the dishwasher. They come out just like new. If I'm not going to be running the DW then i mix vinegar and dawn dish soap in hot water and let them soak for a bit. Usually only have to rinse off. Any really stuck stuff comes off with a quick wipe with a brillo pad. No harder than cleaning standard rotisserie forks.

Anne, great to see you posting again and your new toys did great. Chicken looks delicious and I like the onions and potatoes under the chicken.

Anne, you go girl..you put those new toys to good use. I hope Santa brings you a rotisserie ring for the 22.5.

The chicken sure was tasty!

I found the cleaning of the octoforks a bit of a pain, but I find cleaning the standard prongs a pain as well.
I think I actally find cleaning a pain. Full stop...

I just threw them in hot water with dish washer and let them sit for a bit. Wasn't too hard.

Hey Anne - great looking cooks. We love our rotisserie - I am going to have to check out that octoforks design...

Regards,

John

Back