Beef Jerky and Panettone

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
A few weeks ago, I found some large bottom round roasts on sale and I bought one right around 15 lbs. I cut it into three 5 lb. chunks and put it in the freezer. Got it out the other day and am in the process of making jerky. I'm giving 4 lb. (starting weight, not finished product) bags to some of our family members for Christmas. Everyone just raves about Bob's jerky recipe so I thought it would be a fun project. Got started on it on Tuesday. This is the first of three Christmas Jerky cooks, only one I'll post though. Also, saw a pretty good looking recipe for Holiday Panettone and threw together a loaf of that also.

Here's the Bottom Round.

enhance

Got 4 racks in my 22 WSM.

enhance

Done in around 6 hours.

enhance

enhance

The Panettone came out OK.

enhance

enhance

Thanks for looking everyone.

Well done on both accounts, Cliff! Bob's jerky recipe sure gets a workout at your place! I still use Kevin's (Stogie) recipe from way back, but I'll do a split batch next time and give Bob's a whirl.

I've never had a panettone, but your sure looks good!

R

Some great looking jerky. I'm sure it was good.

Had to google panettone. That's a new one for me. If you say it was OK, I'm sure it was wonderful. It's real purdy!

Well done on both accounts, Cliff! Bob's jerky recipe sure gets a workout at your place! I still use Kevin's (Stogie) recipe from way back, but I'll do a split batch next time and give Bob's a whirl.

I've never had a panettone, but your sure looks good!

R

OT: got a link to Stogie's?

one of the sentences I've seen a few times on the Duolingo program is "I want more grapes in my cake" - I thought when would I use that sentence......

Quiero mas uvas en mi pastel

Looks awesome :)

Cliff, you out did yourself again they both look delicious. Yes Rich does have to get off his butt and make some jerky.

Back