Euro WSM knock off ?

Lynn Dollar

TVWBB Emerald Member
I stumbled across this vid on YT, its a BBQ comp in the Netherlands, called the Tony Stone KCBS cookoff.

At 1:28 , there's some bullet smokers that look like WSM's , but I don't think that's what they are, and they've got some features I've not seen.

What are those smokers ?

Interesting. Sent them an email and I'll post a reply (if and when I get it) unless Chris pipes in sooner.

We started talking about ProQ way back in 2007 and wished the WSM had some of its features. Little did we know that Weber was about to introduce the 22.5" WSM the following year.

The WSM Weber Won't Build

I even recorded a video review of their WSM Stacker insert in 2008: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfDIlH0euHA

However, this is what I always think of when I think of ProQ. They later reinforced the legs.

Df8UhLp.jpg

A6oR10U.jpg

CT1RM2z.jpg

I had a Pro Q for a couple years. It was OK, the stackers were a good idea but fit an finish wasn't great and it ate coal like a locomotive. The 22" is miserly compared to it. Sold it and got the WSM 22.5" and later 18.5". Dealing on a NIB 14.5" right now.

I had a Pro Q for a couple years. It was OK, the stackers were a good idea but fit an finish wasn't great and it ate coal like a locomotive. The 22" is miserly compared to it. Sold it and got the WSM 22.5" and later 18.5". Dealing on a NIB 14.5" right now.

Dayum ! ! !

BD

I had a Pro Q for a couple years. It was OK, the stackers were a good idea but fit an finish wasn't great and it ate coal like a locomotive.

X2. The lid on mine had runs in the powder coat. Good size, though - halfway between an 18.5 & a 22.5. Some nice features: a rod in the lid with hooks to hang stuff, probe ports & latches on the outside to clamp everything together. From what I gather, the newer ones are much improved.

Last edited:
First burn on a ProQ here in Portugal. I simply could not find a WSM within 100 miles of me. Fit and finish seem equivalent to a WSM. I am running Picanha's on it now as I have been unable to locate brisket's. Most higher quality BBQ items need to be imported as they grill here and have very little idea what BBQ is. I will report back on the rate of fuel consumption.

We started talking about ProQ way back in 2007 and wished the WSM had some of its features. Little did we know that Weber was about to introduce the 22.5" WSM the following year.

The WSM Weber Won't Build

I even recorded a video review of their WSM Stacker insert in 2008:

However, this is what I always think of when I think of ProQ. They later reinforced the legs.

Df8UhLp.jpg
OMG, I thought you had attached the legs upside down for greater stability and was thinking how brilliant you were. LOL

As Chris mentions above, ProQ smokers have been around for a while.
I've been to numerous BBQ festivals and have tasted the product from them.
Outstanding.

My second Picanha on a ProQ. No WSMs' available here nor briskets. I was able to control temp but have had to add water both times. ABSOLUTELY INFURIATING is that the upper grill FALLS IN while checking the brisket, dumping it into the water pan. Their brackets are too damn short by about 1/8 inch. This happened after smoking and wrapping to finish. The third time I fished it out, wrapped it in foil and threw it in my oven to finish.

Back