Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grill Light

Bob that holding the switch down for several seconds threw me for a loop at first too. But it makes perfect sense. Keeps the light from getting turned on accidentally and running the battery down. Glad you like it.

If the one I am getting for Christmas doesn't work out, I will be looking hard at that one.

Once concern I have is heat. I know my grill gets up to about 600 degrees and the handle gets so hot I can't open it with my bare hand. Will a light on that handle hold up with that kind of heat?
    Genesis 1000-Redhead Q100 Q1400

TVWBB Fan
    Bruce, I don't see why not....it sits away from the grill a bit after its attached. My 1000 handle is wooden and stays cool. I don't think heat would be an issue for this lamp. Had my reservations when I ordered but it seems like just what I was looking for
    https://tvwbb.com/images/smilies/genesis1-red.gifhttps://tvwbb.com/images/smilies/black-kettle.gif

Thanks Bob. Is the housing on the light metal or plastic?

It's plastic.

That sounds a bit iffy with the heat, but it doesn't look like a lot of complaints of nuclear melt downs. As I stated earlier, I will probably grab one of those if my Christmas grill light doesn't work out.

The plastic really isn't an issue. The heat that the handle area gets is moderate and the light is designed to handle that.

My last grill light was a clip on led. I would clip it on the lid at the beginning of a grill session if it was dark. That light was plastic and the heat never hurt it. The switch finally wore out on that one.

The nice thing about a grill light that you mount on the lid is that once you mount and adjust it you just turn it on and then every time you raise the lid you have a bright light right on the grilling surface.

Sounds like a perfect setup Greg. Thanks.

I got my grill light for Christmas. But one of the magnets on the base was broken. I hope my daughter has a receipt. It otherwise looks like it will work very well. Seems like it has a lot of good light and the neck is plenty long.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12