Middle age dating - best girlfriend ever?

Howard Warren

TVWBB Fan
I'm divorced and I admit that re-entering the dating world after 30 years has been an "experience" (to say the least.) I've been fortunate to have met (and build a relationship with) a woman of about my age and with similar interests. This being our second Christmas together, our gifts to each other are much more in line with our personal interests.

So yesterday, her present to me arrived by UPS. It came directly to my house instead of hers, because she had no way to bring it to me on Christmas Day. And it weighs a ton. And the box is huge. So what is my gift? A Weber Performer Premium, copper! Of course, this means that she wants me to slave over a hot grill, cooking for her (and her friends) but hey, that's not really work, is it? :cool:

So, I'm thinking I have the best girlfriend ever! And I'm wondering if I need to "up my game" on my Christmas gift to her :) .

Just remember a grill, no matter how delightful, is still a stove. You might need to up your ideas a little, nice watch so she can keep time when you cook might be a good step.

Since you're both more "life experienced" I'd say get her something that you know she'll like and appreciate, especially if she's dropped any hints. And Bill's spot-on; you need to fix a really nice meal with that grill!

Most definitely "up your game". My "girlfriend" of 60 years gave me a Baby WSM for my birthday. Two months later she said she wanted to replace her 12 year old car with a new Hybrid. We are both quite happy with our new toys. "Happy wife-happy life" applies to girlfriends too :wsm:

Back