Deja Vu Turkey

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
A couple of weeks ago I did this very same cook on Thanksgiving. Had another batch of family over last night so I did it again. Just a couple of quick photos of two items that came out much improved from the prior cook. Primarily the turkey. Did this bird on my 26er. Kept it around 325 to 350. Done perfectly in just over 5 hours. This turkey was stuffed also. Probably my last turkey cook of the year as I've got a nice ham lined up for Christmas.

Did the green bean casserole a little differently this go around. Fried the onions the day before and it freed up a couple of hours yesterday making it a much more relaxing cook on Saturday.

enhance

This turkey achieved the color I like. The other one was a little too dark for my taste.

enhance

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone. Thanks for looking.

That's a beautiful turkey & green bean casserole. I went back & looked at your Thanksgiving cook - I can see where that was "stressful" - just a ton of work.
I'm sure it was worth it - especially for the guests. Can't wait to see the Christmas ham.

Beautiful turkey ! I will have to find a recipe for the green bean casserole. Seems to be a traditional side down in the US, it's not something we've cooked in our house.

Cliff, that bird and green beans outstanding. I'd take a large plate of that any time, awesome job as always.

Back