New to the site - 4 new scores over the past two weeks.

ToddTerry

TVWBB Member
Hello all,

I am new to the site and love it. I wanted to let others know that persistence on CL pays off. I saw a guy had two otg 22's for sale along with some work tables. After about a month of the post still up on CL I decided to see if he still had the grills. To my surprise he said no but that he had three 26'ers and a ranch kettle. Needless to say my ears perked up. I asked pricing and when and where I can meet up with him. He said, quote $300 for the kettle and $100 a piece for the 26'ers. I said deal! But, they were in storage and he would have to get the code to get in and grab them. A week goes by and no answer. I hit him up again and it was Thanksgiving week and he was busy. Well finally last night he says he has the grills. I ended up with the ranch kettle and one of the 26'ers. $400! Score. Two weeks ago I see a free 22 otg on CL and just needed to pick it up. Cleaned it up and it looks great. Then, while at a thrift store here in Denver last Sunday I see a silver A 2 burner for sale for $19.99. Model number is from 2011. Bought it and it cleaned up very nicely. I will,say I have been VERY lucky in finding these deals. It just goes to show like others have said, a little patience and stuff will come up on CL. Now if a WSM 22 would pop up that would be great. Now I am being greedy. I am off to buy a lotto ticket. I love the site and look forward to using my new finds. Keep looking guys. Sometimes these deals pop up.

Welcome to the forum Todd. Great start to your collection. I too have been very fortunate with CL and Offer Up.

Back