Recipes from my browser tabs

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
80% of the tabs I have open long term seem to be recipes. Since I come here to search recipes I thought I might post some of the recipes that sound good here.

Here's what caught my attention right now:

Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup

https://lmld.org/slow-cooker-chicken-enchilada-soup/

Slow cooker chicken enchilada soup is packed full of flavor, with hardly any work, its a meal that the whole family loves.
Ingredients

2 large chicken breasts raw and thawed
1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
1 14 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
1 14 oz can corn drained
1 4-7 oz can diced green chiles
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes with juice*
1 14 oz can chicken broth
1 TBS minced garlic
1 tsp salt

Optional Toppings:

chopped cilantro
tortilla strips
sour cream
shredded cheese
avocado

Powered by Chicory

Instructions

Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 5-6 hours (or until chicken is cooked through)
Use two forks to shred chicken.
Serve hot with toppings, if desired.

Recipe Notes
*I like using fire roasted tomatoes, or diced tomatoes with green chiles (like rotel) for a little more flavor

slow-cooker-chicken-enchilada-soup-4.jpg

looks like most are from America's test kitchen, so this might not work out so well. (asks for a subscription on this browser)

I'll have to figure a better way - I've been saving the ATK recipes but then they get buried on different computers. I've switched back to buying paper cookbooks (kindle too).

If you're just saving Links, use chrome, sync it with the cloud then sync it with your other machine(s). All the folders/links will then appear on all your machines.

or

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96816?hl=en

mine are already pretty wadded up, I could/should do some organizing on them. My computer organization has gotten a lot better but the tabs/bookmarks haven't received any attention.

I found a reference to evernote while loooking around this morning & remembered looking into it a few years ago so I watched an introductory video on it, then found this video where a guy compares evernote to one note.

They both sound good. I got the samsung galaxy note 8 (upgraded from the note 3) 2-3 months ago & I've been using and liking samsung notes for to-do lists, shopping lists, etc.

I'll have to keep looking into all of this..........................looks like evernote charges for more than the basics.

https://evernote.com/get-started

I'll have to figure a better way - I've been saving the ATK recipes but then they get buried on different computers. I've switched back to buying paper cookbooks (kindle too).

Get a flash drive and put them all in one place. I put all my recipes in the same folder.

I also have them further divided by they meat: beef, chicken, pork, etc. If it's BBQ'd there's a folder for that too. I also have BBQ sauces, rubs and dips separated in their own folders.

A tad too a-nal? Maybe to some, but it sure speeds up the search.

What I do as well is put a key word in each link name that acts like a tag. That way I can keep aĺl in one folder and just search for "beef or "apptz" or "veg". I even add my daughter's name as she's a vegetarian so it's easy to find suitable recipes for her.

So regardless of the name they are all located with a simple one-word search.

Since a lot of recipes could fall into different categories, just add another "tag" when thought of.

Last edited:

Back