Nearly Famous Egg McBobs through the years

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
In a recent post I showed my breakfast of fried eggs, bacon and toast.
A couple of members said Where's the egg McBob?
So I thought it would be fun to post some of the more unusual McBobs from the past.
A search of my posts, looking for the word McBob, found 62, here's 10 of them.

Diced bacon, chipotle mayo, egg salad McBob:

IMGP4397.JPG

Chuck eye steak McBob:

DSCF0750.JPG

Canadian bacon McBob:

DSCF0569.JPG

Cured and smoked skirt meat from a slab of pork spare ribs McBob:

IMGP0510.JPG

Crown Royal Maple Glazed Fattie McBob:

IMGP0484.JPG

Brisket McBob:

IMGP1711.JPG

Smoked pork loin, asparagus, mushroom, cheese, egg omelet McBob:

IMGP0657.JPG

Andouille sausage & sweet pepper McBob:

DSCF0924.JPG

Homemade venison sausage with morel mushrooms McBob:

DSCF1103.JPG

Hatch Green Chile Scotch Egg McBob

3DNGPztE2X0dPNLUTwOowq_dkF75HPz3aWLw4fybulxzqJxmMIL7hukx6SKOWWawPfuMRRRFafUT8VUeOg7I6XWnOxbT6M0tDBgWsJ2ztwuwzOyeKYy8gCjB7EjrqK2C3dWdZw922Yn1Gir2B0lDRbx4J1wbtmRKhGAkABVJ9ehFuZdBq6Rg5YoJ4RHleUzjW4RmmbQUNUkdbNEb9nmr1r1y4YM2AxUfM58yqDze3qFwvHb0vhIMLWk_L0mBo5iG1sbi6F7q0BnwsAhShvtgwefdj54wXAq4SPwRN38UdZ6kUSE2tz9A9m5EeOaXLrIg-R4wFoO8DKzVfJVQeHucFOfybPJRdIVaih9lC9umvQCtY3ni4Gmdo2jPXX2CjzE7dbiNIlv9iSKqwsOiZbOPt6QwOudZqPgsweDmSCF60vut1gaWsH9k61M3i7AGhva05UHgs74hdj-fLd2mmUTwyLuiiRDeLCsfl9cM4YeI9QPgjn7_9sPG7olv6mD1ByBsD0cHRjV0Y553svGu6gndeOHUyCGj7trO-0zvJOurPIhmCYJYKM1vvDI3xD42Die3deWHfpuhpxxSKa8hpmEGAeFDeFD4jI_hVH7W3pcFT9ZvDn4LDh7zXg=w1350-h896-no

Thanks for putting up with me and my McBobs through the years!

At first I thought my favorite was the Canadian Bacon McBob. Then the Venison Sausage Morel Mushroom McBob edged into the lead. Then, out of nowhere, The Hatch Green Chile Scotch Egg McBob won in a nail biter. Who am I kidding, I'd devour them all!

I'd eat everyone of your McBobs, but really like The Hatch Green Chile Scotch Egg McBob.

I've been making McRichs for over 40 years but nothing I've made compares to those masterpieces. A tip of the hat to the king of the egg sandwich Mr. McBob.

Thanks again guys!

Jim, if the Cards play like they did last year the 5 for $5 deal would be a safe bet.

Rich, my main McBob, for probably as many years, is simply an egg with mayo and dill pickles on toast.

Trivia, egg McMuffins were first sold in 1972 and advertised as "Breakfast at McDonald's"
My fellow workers and I stood in line to get one that first day.
The guy in front of me told the clerk he wanted 2 eggs over easy, a side of bacon and toast.
She had to explain to him that the egg McMuffin was his only choice.

I remember my first egg Mc muffin, it was Gawdawful!
The gustatory art you have shared Bob, bears no resemblance to the S.O.B (Stuff On Biscuit) produced by the clown from Chicago. They fill voids, you provide goals for breakfast food accomplishment!
Strong work sir!

Already planning the trip from our new digs in WA state to "somewhere near St. Louis". I will stand in line for one (or two) of those McBob's!

An Egg McBob retrospective. Gotta love it.

I saw the Brisket McBob and immediately became hungry. Nice work !

I thought of you this AM when I made a Bacon Made Esay and egg on a bagel. Thanks for the inspiration over the years.

Back