Rotisserie Bourbon Soaked Ribs with Dr Pepper-Bourbon Glaze

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Been meaning to try this recipe for quite some time - since seeing Rich Dahl's & James Lake's cooks a while back.

I soaked a rack of SL ribs in cheap bourbon for half an hour in the fridge, dried them off & gave them a heavy dusting of rub.

Put them on a spit & into the 18.5 WSM over half a ring of Weber briqs & 3 big chunks of hickory.

LMrKnfH.jpg

While they were spinning at 300*, made the glaze, got some acorn squash going & cooked some Hoppin' John on the stove.

FeysWC7.jpg

Glazed the ribs 15 minutes or so before they were done.

sQ0Ixip.jpg

Time To Eat!

sPyDB79.jpg

Great dinner. Would do it again.

Full recipe for the ribs is in Weber's "New American Barbeque". I substituted Dr Pepper for the Root Beer because that's what was on hand.
Full recipe for the glazed squash is in Weber's "Charcoal Grilling".
Found the Hoppin' John recipe on the internet - it was something I'd been wanting to try forever. Love that stuff.

Last edited:
Great cook Robert ribs look great, sides too. I've got a 12 pack of DP so I might give that a try next time.

Nice bones there Robert.
Dr Pepper would sit well with my wife, bourbon for me, but the two together aren't going to fly at this house.

Nice bones there Robert.
Dr Pepper would sit well with my wife, bourbon for me, but the two together aren't going to fly at this house.

how about spiced rum and dr pepper? (asking for a friend)

.....nice looking meal Robert. I had to search for hoppin john recipes, I've only had it a couple times. I was wondering if kale would be a suitable green....i threw out some that was leftover from some soup I made last week.

Last edited:
Ribs and squash look and sound delicious Robert, and the Hoppin' John pushed me over the top. My wife has made that a few times and I love it.

WOW!!! Robert that looks fantastic, you did real good. Sides are spot on, that's one plate full of awesome food.

Back