Weber Genesis Gold B 2005

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
I know its dead of winter even in the ATL it is snowing.

Got a few questions about a Gold B that I am looking at the firebox is warped left to right lid still closes fine will need to find another one but is the firebox the same on a regular genesis silver 3 burner. Its natural gas so needs to be converted and I believe the gold has a different manifold then the silver I come up with a part number for the gold manifold of 60147.

Or if the box is warped left to right I would imagine better then front to back and that would be okay really don't know you guys know better than me. It appears the silver has a different manifold so you just can't buy a silver lp and put that manifold in a gold b.

Brian

Brian: Basically, If you have a Gold B, you should be able to keep the hood and frame but swap out the cook box and manifold (with regulator and hose) with one from a Silver B propane and be set. Otherwise, I think you could swap out the orifices on the propane manifold, but IMO, it would be easier to swap the whole manifold if you are already swapping the cook box.
Oh, by the way, no real snow up here in Wisconsin yet this year. :)

Brian: Basically, If you have a Gold B, you should be able to keep the hood and frame but swap out the cook box and manifold (with regulator and hose) with one from a Silver B propane and be set. Otherwise, I think you could swap out the orifices on the propane manifold, but IMO, it would be easier to swap the whole manifold if you are already swapping the cook box.
Oh, by the way, no real snow up here in Wisconsin yet this year. :)

Thanks for the info Bruce the weird thing is the silver has a different manifold number guessing the firebox is slightly different not really sure guess it depends how bad the firebox is warped not a problem buying a new manifold for what I am getting it for. For a gold its 103 for the manifold which is not the end of the world.

Its the model that had the enclosed doors below 2005 table on the right side supposedly no rust below behind the doors one problem one of those screws holding down the burner broke off got plenty of tools to drill that out but it depends how bad the firebox is whether that is worth trying to do that.

Its winter so stored under the deck work on it later.

I would find a donor grill with the propane manifold on it to swap in. Weber seems to use a lot of different part number for identical parts. not sure what the reason for that is, but they do it.
I am sure you can find a trashed Silver B donor grill that still has a good manifold. You have all winter to find one. I just picked up a 2008 Genesis E310 and a Silver C for free within the last month. Actually, if you can't find a donor grill by spring time, I may have a manifold I could help you out with. My stuff is stored for the winter as well, so I am not sure what I have for sure.

I think the Gold has a side burner. Correct? if so that accounts for the different manifold. Otherwise they're identical. As for converting read through the MANY caveats we (mostly me) have posted here about converting before you blow yourself up LOL. Just about any of the 2nd generation 3 burner fire boxes will fit your grill and burner set with no issue. They're all the same. Same goes for the lid and grates. The only difference in manifolds (other than fuel type) is whether or not a tap is there for a side burner. If you don't have or want a side burner than no issue. Good luck and be safe on the conversion

Larry think it was the Gold C that had the side burner this is a B so it has the swing up table on the right side which is nice could care less about the burner. Not going to do anything with it for now.

Bruce, thanks for the offer if I don't come with anything till the spring will send you a PM. Unbelievable amount of snow for us anyway in ATL not seen this much and I moved here in 1996.

We just got our first real dusting up here. About 1/2" last night. If we have a brown Christmas, I wouldn't be disappointed at all.

Back