Roadside on the GrillGrates

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Really a chilly night for this cook, but it was fun. I'm still experimenting with my GrillGrates. There is definitely a learning curve to using them properly. The chicken came out a little dark during the first couple of minutes of the cook. I underestimated the heat generated with these grates. The sugar in the marinade probably got me too. I usually start with the backside down and then flip but didn't for this cook. Anyway, as always, the Roadside marinade was wonderful.

Earlier in the day I put together some scalloped potatoes in my little 2 qt. dutch oven.

enhance

Put them on for around an hour and twenty minutes, uncovered.

enhance

Marinated the chicken for around 8 hours. Put around a pound of asparagus in a balsamic marinate for an hour.

enhance

Chicken on the GG's.

enhance

As previously mentioned....

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Potatoes about done.

enhance

All looks really great Cliff. I used to have some grill grates. Gave them to my dad. They work real guud on his Treager. And yes, they do take some getting used to.

Great cook Cliff. Love roadside chicken and the sides look perfect too. I thought about getting some Grill Grates but with eight grills it's a new learning curve every time I fire one up as it is :p

The chicken looks good. Did you baste it several times with the marinade during the cook? Love the sides.
Note to self: use those Dutch ovens that are sitting in the garage.

Thanks guys.

The chicken looks good. Did you baste it several times with the marinade during the cook? Love the sides.
Note to self: use those Dutch ovens that are sitting in the garage.

Yes I did Robert. I made two batches of the marinade. One for marinating and excluded the oil from this one. The second batch I used for basting, which I did 4 or 5 times. It's a fantastic recipe and I pretty much followed it to a tee.

Super looking RSC and spuds Cliff!

I like my grillgrates, but for me they are hard to keep halfway clean looking, and I'm not real particular about that kind of stuff.

Super looking RSC and spuds Cliff!

I like my grillgrates, but for me they are hard to keep halfway clean looking, and I'm not real particular about that kind of stuff.

I can already see what you mean Bob. GG makes a nice brush designed for their grates that I've mentioned to "Santa". We'll see.

I can already see what you mean Bob. GG makes a nice brush designed for their grates that I've mentioned to "Santa". We'll see.
I store my 3 sections on the shelf under my uncovered Performer, so that might be part of the problem.
I have a scrubber that does fairly well on the rails, and edgewise in the grooves.
Similar to this one:

81WyMURrtYL._SL1500_.jpg

Back