Thirty Four Wonderful Years with my Lovely Wife

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Sunday Barb and I celebrated our 34 year anniversary. We decided after all the work Barb did the past week decorating the house for the holidays that we would take a day off and do a nice dinner at home instead of going out to dinner.
I had a nice three bone rib roast in the freezer so that got the call.
Cooked on the performer over olive wood and KBB to 130 IT and let rest for 20 minutes. Barb cooked up a new Brussels sprouts recipe with maple syrup and almonds and a nice baker,
Turned out great and a very relaxing evening

27056858859_5e35df83cb_z.jpg
[/url]100_1868 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

27056857549_79c64472f2_z.jpg
[/url]100_1870 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

27056856409_a64fdae1f5_z.jpg
[/url]100_1873 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

38117108994_4734b4f5da_z.jpg
[/url]100_1875 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

38117107724_2deea3f047_z.jpg
[/url]100_1879 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

38117106594_36bcf5ec56_z.jpg
[/url]100_1882 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]
Have a great week

[h=2]"Thirty Four Wonderful Years with my Lovely Wife"[/h]Hey Barb, how many points did he score with that title? :p
Can he have the LE red kettle now?

Beautiful meal by a terrific couple, Happy Anniversary you two!!

[h=2]"Thirty Four Wonderful Years with my Lovely Wife"[/h]Hey Barb, how many points did he score with that title? :p
Can he have the LE red kettle now?

Beautiful meal by a terrific couple, Happy Anniversary you two!!

Naw, no LE red kettle, I asked for a puppy for Christmas..... Stay tuned :)

Congratulation Rich & Barb!
You've celebrated perfectly! Dinner looks wonderful!

33 years and 4 days ago, Liz and I were married.... for the 1st time ;)

I asked for a puppy for Christmas.....
Good For You! I think I want one too, but Maddie won't let that happen....

Happy Anniversary! Cook looks great (still cannot get my head around brussel sprouts, no matter how much maple syrup you drown them with).

34 years for us next month.

Happy Anniversary you two. That's the perfect way to celebrate. Looks delicious! Uh Rich........I only see two bones. Going for some "extra credit"??:D

Last edited:
Congrats!!! 34 years together says a lot about love & how well you take care of each other.
Beautiful dinner for a special occasion.

Rich & Barb, Happy Anniversary from Deb & I.
That sure was a very nice dinner you cooked.
Tomorrow is our 37th anniversary.

Happy Anniversary Rich and Barb, you kids knocked that anniversary cook out of the park.
I love brussels sprouts, when you have time, could you post the maple syrup and almonds recipe please.

Thanks, dessert and a cocktail are in order.

Rich and Barb;
Congratulations! I suggest that two people who BBQ so well together speaks volumes of why you are together, period!

Marilyn and I celebrated our 59th Anniversary this past June. And yes, we, too, manage to cook well together!:eek:

While I am thinking of it, here is a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you ALL!!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Congratulation Rich & Barb!
You've celebrated perfectly! Dinner looks wonderful!

33 years and 4 days ago, Liz and I were married.... for the 1st time ;)

Good For You! I think I want one too, but Maddie won't let that happen....

Thanks for the kind words Jim. Whitney our rescue pup loves every dog she meets and the young couple that lives two doors down from us have two black labs that are just goofballs. We take the three of them out to the fields at the end of the block and turn them loose. They run and play until they just fall down completely exhausted.
We've even had puppy sleep overs their such good buds.
38872225791_c8a470e23a_z.jpg
[/url]100_1598 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]
So I'm working on Barb to get a companion dog for Whitney and one we can train as a therapy dog also. Will see how it goes.

Happy Anniversary you two. That's the perfect way to celebrate. Looks delicious! Uh Rich........I only see two bones. Going for some "extra credit"??:D

There was a small bone that isn't showing, Whitney snagged that one:)

Last edited:
Rich Dahl Whitney our rescue pup loves every dog she meets[/QUOTE said:
Meant to ask Rich, when you lost your other dog a couple of years back, didn't you get a second dog then, from the shelter i believe, that was a different breed but got along well with Whitney? Or am I just nuts? Probably the latter!

Meant to ask Rich, when you lost your other dog a couple of years back, didn't you get a second dog then, from the shelter i believe, that was a different breed but got along well with Whitney? Or am I just nuts? Probably the latter!

Cliff, no you're not nuts you were pretty close.

We had a mother/ daughter team of Golden Retrievers the daughter passed away three years ago so we got a rescue from the local rescue group in Prescott. Whitney was running loose on an Indian reservation in New Mexico. She had a litter of pups up in the hills and it took them almost six months to capture her. We took her in as a foster companion to the mother dog Raddy who missed her pup.
When we got Whitney she was about 18 months old and Raddy was 11 years old. Whitney was so gentle with her that Raddy would instigate the play time. She really perked up with Whitney around. We had Whitney as a foster for about two weeks when we said no way are we giving up this sweet dog and adopted Whitney. We lost Raddy 18 months ago.

Whitney which is a Golden Retriever/Husky/ Coyote mix is such a social dog and friendly to everyone and their dogs that I think she needs a buddy to interact with at home and also this is the first time in our 34 years of marriage that we have only one dog.
Barb finally agreed and we're working a great deal I believe. Can't say yet but if it works out I'll post it in Just Conversion.

Last edited:

Back