Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Should my stainless grill / flavorizer bars look like this after 1.5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    What was the first generation of Genesis? Was it the 1000-5000 series or was there a Genesis generation prior to that?
    First generation was Genesis 1,2,3,4,5. See here: https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?705...Serial-Numbers

The Genesis I, II, III etc was the first generation. FWIW the only difference between the I,II,III etc and the 1000, 2000, 3000 et al is the addition of casters so essentially the I, II, etc and 1xxx 2xxx etc are the same first generation grills.
    Also at some point in the XXXX series grills the durawood shelves were added to replace the redwood

The Genesis II is the new Genesis line. According to Chris A, the first ones were Genesis 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

They were "marketed" and "branded" as I, II, III, IV, etc. back then. IIRC they came out in the late 80's when the gas kettle fiasco fell flat on it's face. Could be the new nomenclature is Weber's way of trying to make us forget how far they've regressed from those break through products close to 30 years ago

Yah, the should probably just retire the Genesis name altogether. But, I guess that is hard to do with the reputation behind it. While it isn't the same as it was 7 or 8 years ago, Weber Genesis is still the gold standard in most peoples minds for mainstream gas grills.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

If I'm remembering correctly my father's early genesis wasn't as good looking a grill as his later 1000. I think I remember the hood on that early genesis didnít have a porcelain coating? But I could be remembering that incorrectly. That's been a long time ago.

Just my opinion but I think the genesis II name fits the new grill. I think they have returned to their roots in many aspects as it looks like a really solid grill similar to the older models.

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    They were "marketed" and "branded" as I, II, III, IV, etc. back then.
    Numbers, not Roman numerals. The exception was the Genesis XX and XXI, the predecessor of Genesis Jr. The use of "Genesis II" is new to the latest generation of Genesis.

TVWBB Fan
    Mine are shot also,will be looking to replace asap,may look local and see what I can find,2-4 uses a week for 2 or 3 years so I cant complain too bad,

I think most everyone here would agree that Dave Santana aka “rcplanebuyer” on eBay is your very best choice for REAL high quality stainless replacement parts. You might look on eBay to see some of what he does, but private message me and I will give you his email so that you can deal directly with him. That saves him eBay fees, and he can generally give you a better price. You won’t be disappointed in his workmanship and the durability of better than original parts.
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

Yeah EBay sucks down 10% of your sales price PLUS they now charge you 10% on the shipping costs your buyer pays then they have the audacity to charge you a commission on what YOU pay to buy shipping. Basically when I sell a mixer on FleaBay I have to pad the price buy about 15%! So like Dave if anyone here ever wants a mixer (only KitchenAid as I only deal with the best) PM me here and I'll work out a much better price.
    I will give EBay one positive plug though. If you're a buyer they do come to your aid. Recently I purchased a large Pro Model 600 series machine. The seller noted it included the bowl, beater, whisk and dough hook. I made him a solid GOOD offer based on that information. Wouldn't you know? It comes without the whisk, hook or paddle. Contacted seller. Response: "oh I am so sorry I have been so busy I didn't realize here's $9.00 off" I'm like NFW those items would cost ME well over $50 to replace and I made the purchase based on them being present. "oh it's the best I can do". Quick contact to EBay and I had a return and full money back offer they ordered him to make. Bottom line he finally agreed to credit me back $30. IMO this was fair for the age of the items. They have also stepped in to help me when the stupid USPS lost items on me. But in the end 10%+ is a pretty hard hit to absorb

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast