Smoked Chili.....AWESOME

DaveMc

TVWBB Member
First attempt at smoked chili, came out pretty good if I say so myself......ENJOY, and comments and recommendations welcome (yes, I know my Roux wasn't dark enough but I was running late, lol)

37170790465_d187701c68_z.jpg
[/url]Untitled by David McPeak, on Flickr[/IMG]

37170788515_66a5b95ddf_z.jpg
[/url]Untitled by David McPeak, on Flickr[/IMG]

Untitled by David McPeak, on Flickr

Good looking chili, Dave, and I like what you did there to make sure you got some smoke on the beef. Very clever.

Nothing adds to a pot of chili like some subtle (or not) smoke flavor.

Good eats!

R

Dave, that is a very interesting smoked chili. I make all kinds of different chili, but I've never seen one quite like that one. Looks pretty good though.

Dave, you nail that one. I like the way you did the meat balls, will have to give that a try next time we do chili. I'd take a bowl of that anytime, great job.

Thanks guys, it came out real good, a couple people had used the recipe and won a couple competitions, so that makes me feel puurty good, lol

Late to the smoked chili party, great video presentation....and some darn good looking smoked chili.

You must be from Pennsylvania originally. I'm guessing that based on the fact that you called it a "Lager" as opposed to a lager (in the generic sense). As soon as I saw that, I expected to see a Yeungling. Only people I've met that do that are Pennsylvanians.:cool:

I'll have you know this thread was solely responsible for me putting a Lodge coil-handle Dutch oven on my Christmas list this year. The idea of smoking the meat above the chili pot is brilliant. I have a chili recipe that uses cubed pork shoulder that I think would work well with this technique. Do you skim the fat from the pot or just stir it in?

You must be from Pennsylvania originally. I'm guessing that based on the fact that you called it a "Lager" as opposed to a lager (in the generic sense). As soon as I saw that, I expected to see a Yeungling. Only people I've met that do that are Pennsylvanians.:cool:

No, originally I was born in Scotland, raised in Australia, and now Louisiana. But I was happy when Yeungling came down here below I-10, lol

Back