Ideas for cranberries?

Arun L.

TVWBB All-Star
I bought 2 lbs. of cranberries from Costco.

Other than making cranberry sauce, what are some other simple things I can do with them?

I saw a recipe on the back of the bag for macaroons.

What else is there? Maybe a bread? (As I think a bread would be a little healthier than cookies?)

I tried eating them raw but since they're a little bitter, there's only so much I can eat at a time.

Lemon cranberry muffins. Fantastic warm with a bit of butter. Lemme find my recipe.

PRh6Hda.jpg

Freeze leftover berries. I put them on a cookie sheet, freeze 'em then put the frozen berries in a freezer bag. Won't be a big lump when you need more.

Last edited:
I like them dried like raisins if you have a dehydrator. There was a grocery store selling them for just a few $ per # for 2# bags & I used to go through a lot of them (eat plain by themselves or mixed with nuts <walnuts/pecans/almonds/whatever>) or chocolate chips :) )

Cranberry relish: delicious as a condiment for all sorts of things (especially smoked or grilled meats; keeps quite while and can be frozen; comes together in minutes with no cooking. Voici:

Mama Stamberg's Cranberry Relish Recipe (from NPR)

2 cups raw cranberries (or 1 bag)
1 small onion
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
2T prepared horseradish

Grind the cranberries & onion together [or simply place in food processor and pulse several times]. Add remaining ingredients and mix. Put in a plastic container and freeze. Thanksgiving morning (or even the night before), move the container from the freezer to the refrigerator compartment to thaw (it should still have some little icy slivers left). The relish will be thick, creamy, and shocking pink (OK, Pepto Bismol pink). Makes 1 1/2 pints! [Or you can keep some to use directly and freeze the rest. One doesn't need to freeze before use.]

He's busy trying to figure out how to make your lemon cranberry muffins using the KettlePizza on his WSM. Love you, Arun! :D

LOL.

I just checked my emails, and only received email notifications for the initial response on 11/29 by Len Dennis.

I didn't receive notifications for any of the responses afterwards, even though my notification preferences are set to "instant" for this thread.

It would have helped if I would have gotten the subsequent notifications, so I would have known to check this thread.

Thanks for the responses!

Cranberry relish: delicious as a condiment for all sorts of things (especially smoked or grilled meats; keeps quite while and can be frozen; comes together in minutes with no cooking. Voici:

Mama Stamberg's Cranberry Relish Recipe (from NPR)

2 cups raw cranberries (or 1 bag)
1 small onion
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
2T prepared horseradish

Grind the cranberries & onion together [or simply place in food processor and pulse several times]. Add remaining ingredients and mix. Put in a plastic container and freeze. Thanksgiving morning (or even the night before), move the container from the freezer to the refrigerator compartment to thaw (it should still have some little icy slivers left). The relish will be thick, creamy, and shocking pink (OK, Pepto Bismol pink). Makes 1 1/2 pints! [Or you can keep some to use directly and freeze the rest. One doesn't need to freeze before use.]

Can I make a cranberry relish sandwich? Or is it better as a condiment?

I think this year, I'll need at least 4 of those Costco bags of cranberries, to try all of these things.

Been 2 weeks since he asked and no response. Looks like he doesn't care anymore ?!?!

He's busy trying to figure out how to make your lemon cranberry muffins using the KettlePizza on his WSM. Love you, Arun! :D

LOL.

I just checked my emails, and only received email notifications for the initial response on 11/29 by Len Dennis.

I didn't receive notifications for any of the responses afterwards, even though my notification preferences are set to "instant" for this thread.

It would have helped if I would have gotten the subsequent notifications, so I would have known to check this thread.

Thanks for the responses!

BTW, I just wanted to clear up something just so there's no mis-understanding.

When I saw the email notification from 11/29 by Len Dennis, I probably told myself that I would check the forums another day.

And then, because I never got email notifications for the subsequent responses, I forgot about this thread.

I just wanted to make sure that someone didn't think that I saw the email notification of the response by Len Dennis, and decided not to read it because it was a response by him. ;)

Had I known there were this many responses, I probably would have incorporated some of the suggestions. Maybe I would have even bought more cranberries, before they went out of stock, so I could try a few more of these suggestions.

Had I known there were this many responses, I probably would have incorporated some of the suggestions. Maybe I would have even bought more cranberries, before they went out of stock, so I could try a few more of these suggestions.
thumbs-up-sign_1f44d.png

Back