Guess I need to introduce myself

Lynn Dollar

TVWBB Emerald Member
Since I'm posting here more, than I thought I would.

I'm a long time lurker. Found Chris's site around New Years of 2003. Bought my 18" WSM shortly after, and Chris and this forum has helped me make some great BBQ ever since. I'm 65 yo retired, life long Okie. My Wife is my cook partner, she enjoys this as much as I do.

My Weber " family " includes a 1983 Smokey Joe that I bought new that year, a 2000 22" Kettle, and I added a 22" WSM to my 18" WSM a couple years ago. My first Kettle was a 1989 model, and like a dummy, when the ash cleaning vanes rotted out , I sat it on the curb. Had no idea I could order new vanes. So call me a dedicated Weber guy.

Bob, Hasty Bake is a Tulsa thing, we OKC guys would not know a Hasty Bake , if we saw one ;)

I've heard a lot bout them, and like all grill/smoker owners, those that have them , swear they are the greatest. IDK their basic design or how they operate.

Although, the hottest BBQ joint in the state right now is Burn Co in Tulsa. I would make the trip to try it, but I hear its hard to get in, especially after Raichlen featured Burn Co on one of his shows. And they cook entirely on Hasty Bakes, I think they have 10 to 15 of them. The owner was once employed by Hasty Bake.

Didn't know that about HBs, thought they were popular all over OK.
Makes sense though, I have a relative in Broken Arrow (almost Tulsa) who cooks on one and turns out some really great food.
I do know they are pretty pricey.

Back