First Turkey Smoke

Nick Hall

This is the first Turkey that I have ever smoked. I took it to a family dinner with two other birds, one infared deep fried and one traditional baked. I don't believe that anyone was having a competition, but I declared myself the winner. Everyone kept telling my how delicious my bird was. I used the apple brine recipe found in the cooking topics on this page and a dry rub for turkey's that I found on another site. The recipe called for vegetable oil or butter rubbed on the turkey, I used a little olive oil to substitute. The only major problem was there was no left-overs.:(
20171123_134911%202_zpsvcxhejfj.jpg~original

Nick, careful, you will probably be required to serve that bird every year from here on out! :)

Agree with Kevin, that's some great, deep color on that turkey. Glad it worked out for you!

R

WOW!!! You nail that one, awesome color for sure. Congrats on the win, I'm sure that's going to be ask for next year.

I was impressed with how much moisture was in the meat. With the 24 hour brine and the rub i put on, the skin tasted great too.

Back