New to me Weber 2000 with a Green Lid

Bobby Segars

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello Folks,

If you guys would, could you post pics of your refurbished 2000s? I need ideas on the wood stain and frame repair.

Thanks Bobby Segars

Simply do a search here. There are so many postings on refurbs of 2000, 3000 and II, III grills along with tons of tips. If you need some particular advice throw a question up here

Simply green and #0000 steel wool will clean it up just like the lid with no scratches and the letttering will not be harmed.

The white lettering is part of the porcelain so it is very hardy. A big contrast to the stainless front control panel on the newer Genesis that comes off when you try to clean it thoroughly:mad:!

I am 100% with Bruce’s recommendation. It will take off any stains and usually make it look great. The porcelain can fade, however, and nothing I know of will bring it back if that has happened to it.

I cleaned the lid and control panel with 0000 steel wool and simple green. It looks like there are white faded spots on the hood and control panel. Any ideas on removing these or they permanent?

Fading in those areas is permanent. It's in the porcelain (which is basically a glass coating). So all you can do is clean it. I am dealing with similar. The $20 Gen 2000 I picked up a couple weeks ago is in wonderful shape (no fading) but I am installing a side burner I was able to find on the cheap. It's in good shape probably never used but it's weathered and has some fade. Shows badly against the control panel's deep black

Thanks for the reply, the hood is not as noticeable as the control panel. I may see about buying a new or used one from somewhere. Thanks again. This forum is truly the go to for Weber newbies like me.

The darker the color the more you see it. I might have a control panel laying around for one. If so I'll let you know

Buying one new will cost a lot. I would try to find a used one. Maybe find another Grill to grab one off of morning

Here's my green 2000,. I stayed with the durawood for ease of cleanup and with our intense sun I didn't want to have to restain every year.
I also added a right flip up shelf for more shelf space.

36758629936_af6be7c1aa_z.jpg
[/url]DSCN2766 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Yah, I am sure I have a spare control panel I could pull off one of my parts grills. Let me know. Shipping and a small fee is all I ask.

We have a really nice group here:). It is nice to see fellow enthusiasts helping each other out, and I count it a privilege to be a member.

Jon,

I feel absolutely the same way. What amazes me is the level of knowledge on here! Like when grills were built, what equipment came on them and so on, I have bought four gassers, rehabed 2 and have 2 waiting. I always come here for first rate advice.

Bobby

Back