I Scored a Brand New Performer Deluxe for Free

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
I was browsing CL yesterday and saw a post for a free Weber. It had been posted for an hour and I thought maybe someone beat me to it. After sending 2 emails I received a response to come and get it. It was a brand new Performer Deluxe. It is dirty, been sitting outside on a covered patio for more than a year. It should clean up well.

Incredible find Pat. Outstanding pick up. I stumbled on a practically new, used 2 or 3 times, 22" black OTG, a while back. Guy was asking $40. I thought about it but I don't really need another 22 kettle. I passed and I've kind of regretted it since.

Now thats a score Pat, did you ask them why they were giving it away?, or use the silent treatment and load it in your car/truck and drive away as fast as possible.:D

Now thats a score Pat, did you ask them why they were giving it away?, or use the silent treatment and load it in your car/truck and drive away as fast as possible.:D

I talked to the guy while I was taking it apart to put in my car. The guy is from California, he moved here for a job and he is about to move back to San Diego. He bought the grill to have a cookout after riding four wheelers out in the country. Sounds like they were too worn out to cook that day and it never got used. He told me that the gas grill that was on the other end of the patio was easier to use. I don't think he even knew what he had. He was impressed at how quick I had it taken apart. He told me it took the HD delivery guys longer to assemble it and there were two of them.

Pat

You win the best Weber Performer Deluxe BBQ score of 2017. I agree with you, some people don't know what they have.
Cant wait to see the new Family member in action soon. Two thumbs up.

Back