The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Source for Brinkmann 812-0002 water pans?

I have written extensively about my opinion on water in the pan: http://virtualweberbullet.com/using-...html#whentouse

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allingham View Post
    I have written extensively about my opinion on water in the pan: http://virtualweberbullet.com/using-...html#whentouse
    Listen to this advice! You'll go nuts if you follow all the weird suggestions about clay pots, sand in the water pan, etc. Chris has been using this cooker since Ben Franklin was flying kites and he knows what he's talking about. Weber calls it a water pan for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BFletcher View Post
    I am curious; for those whom have replied do you never use water, sometimes use water, or always use water. Early-on, I often fussed with vents to maintain temps. Then one day I foiled a dry pan and have done so for the past year with pleasing results. But sometimes I wonder if this success is attributed to no water, a little more experience--including being less anal--or better performance by way of seasoned bullets.
    Why don't you post this as a new thread as you'll probably get more response than on a replacement water pan thread.
    Old dog, learning new tricks - one cook at a time :-). -14.5", 18.5", & 22.5" WSM, SS Performer, Auber ATC. CB Rotisserie, Rec Tec Mini Pellet Grill

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Newby View Post
    Why don't you post this as a new thread as you'll probably get more response than on a replacement water pan thread.
    Reply is almost a year old, I doubt he's looking for a response.

Just to add, if anyone is looking for the Brinkmann charcoal pan, Sports Authority used to carry them, although they may be long gone by now.

In the old days, many hardware stores carried porcelain wash pans. I wonder if one of those would fit the 18" WSM? (provided the pans are still available)
    Last edited by Rusty James; 11-09-2018 at 11:26 PM.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12