Thanksgiving Dinner At Our House

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Our turkey this year was a 21 pounder. As I always do, the turkey was stuffed with a pecan stuffing. Decided to do this years bird in my 22 WSM, running a temp or 325. The turkey took around 5 1/2 hours to reach 165 in the breast. Running the WSM at this temp required me to refuel twice to maintain my temperature. That, and the fact that the bird was stuffed, slowed the cook down and used just under two bags of briquettes. I'm doing another turkey in two weeks for a belated Thanksgiving dinner for more family. That turkey will be done, as has been my tradition, in either my Performer or my 26er. Made a green bean casserole to complete my contribution to this meal. My wife did the rest. Things got pretty hectic right around the time I pulled the lid so only a couple of pictures beyond that point.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I did a pumpkin pie on my 14 WSM on Wednesday.

enhance

enhance

This wasn't part of our meal, but I did bake this early Thanksgiving morning for my son and his family to take home.

enhance

My traditional stuffing.

enhance

Crud, I missed a pinfeather. All stuffed and ready to go. We wanted to get a Butterball but they were all under 15 lbs. Went with this JennyO.

enhance

On the WSM @ 325.

enhance

Didn't pull the lid on the smoker the rest of the cook. Fried up some onions for the green bean casserole.

enhance

Fried some bacon and added about one pound of chopped mushrooms.

enhance

Added about 3 tbsp. sifted flour and stirred until liquids were absorbed.

enhance

Added some chicken broth and some heavy cream.

enhance

Added the green beans and a little salt and pepper.

enhance

Half the onions were in the casserole and the other half here.

enhance

I was really scrambling right about now so just a quick shot when I pulled the lid.

enhance

Lets eat!

enhance

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hope you all had a good one as well. Thanks for looking everyone!

Wonderful cook Cliff, really like your version of green bean casserole, will be watching for your turkey that will be done, as has been your tradition, on either my Performer or my 26R.

Wow, Cliff, great spread! You really knocked it out of the park despite the WSM being a fuel hog!

I just finished a dinner of leftovers, and I'd gladly have you slide that plate in front of me for seconds! :)

Rich

Back