Thanksgiving!

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame

gdrGJd2h.jpg

Apple Brine ingredients. I used the apple brine from that recipe combined with the herbal rub from another recipe in the weber book.

B38CoqNh.jpg

Trying to get my 22.5 WSM up to temp. I had to pour in another set of lit coals to get the thing to 350. It kind of backed down to 330 and rode there most of the cook.

D0Q9gTch.jpg

I warmed up a ham on the lower rack.

dKypT1zh.jpg

Finished turkey.

VuBLOI2h.jpg

Finished Ham

Vd6QhGCh.jpg

My wife made these yeast rolls from scratch. These were probably the best thing we had!

es3h6eEh.jpg

Dressing.

c25mQ7ah.jpg

Corn casserole.

pn1XNbRh.jpg

Sliced turkey.

I should have gotten more pics. We had green bean casserole, cranberry sauce. My wife upped her pecan pie game and scratch made the crust which was phenomenal. I then watch the further tanking of the Dallas Cowboys season. Every one had a great time. Happy Thanksgiving!

Great looking spread, Dustin! I couldn't coax my WSM up to 350 either, then again, as it turns out I had to dial it back anyway to have the bird finish in a more acceptable time slot anyway.

I wish I had made rolls like your wife did. I usually do, but time just got away from me this year, and I missed them.

Nice work on the bird!

Rich

Dustin you and your wife did an awesome job. Everything looks over the top and you can pass a plate this way anytime.

Looks great! Yesterday's turkey was my first attempt at high heat in one of the WSM's; I normally use one of the Kettles for HH. Here in Ohio it was 30* when the bird went on and 40* when it was pulled. Moments after dropping the turkey the pit temp was 330 and climbing with 2 lit chimneys, so I choked-down the intake vents to 50%. From there, it dropped to 297 and never came back on its own, so I added more lit and still couldn't break 310. Eventually, I had to add my fan controller--which did the trick--but too late in the game. Experience is golden. This was a spare bird, so there was no risk in disappointing family. It did taste fine, though.

Great looking cook Dustin. The turkey obviously, but that ham has me thinking about Christmas, just around the corner. Love the Kickasserole dish!

Great looking bird and ham Dustin, your wife's yeast rolls look yummy, as does the dressing and corn casserole.

Back