Game Day Lamb Chops

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Picked up a pack of Lamb Loin Chops at Costco over the weekend. Sided them up with Spiced Baby Potatoes and Roasted Butternut Squash.

Didn't take any prep shots on this cook. Just too darned busy. Gave the chops about an 8 hour marinade in some olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, thyme, cayenne and sea salt. Ready for the grill.

enhance

Earlier I'd gotten to work on the sides. I boiled the potatoes for exactly 5 minutes and placed in ice water. I heated some olive oil, garlic, turmeric, ground coriander, cumin seeds and sugar. Stirred for about a minute and then placed the potatoes in the pan and thoroughly coated them with the hot oil mixture.

enhance

Pulled the pan and set aside.

enhance

I'd prepped the butternut squash earlier also and coated in oil, garlic and a little parsley too. Got it going on some indirect heat.

enhance

Potatoes back on too and let them go 30 minutes and squash about 40 minutes.

enhance

With about 15 minutes to go I got the chops on some very high heat.

enhance

Gave them a flip.

enhance

enhance

Chops and squash were done. Checked on potatoes and they were too.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Time to eat!

enhance

enhance

This weeks bread. Caramelized Onion Sourdough with Parmigiano-Reggiano and Italian Herbs.

enhance

Love these little Loin Chops. Tasty dinner. Thanks for looking!

Thank you everyone!

Fine looking meal ! Where does your Costco source the lamb ? Ours is Aussie.

I didn't notice Mark and Tuesday was our garbage pickup. Otherwise, I'd do a little dumpster diving and check the label. I'm curious about that too. I'm sure we'll be in Costco soon and I'll check out the origin.

Thank you everyone!

I didn't notice Mark and Tuesday was our garbage pickup. Otherwise, I'd do a little dumpster diving and check the label. I'm curious about that too. I'm sure we'll be in Costco soon and I'll check out the origin.

Was in our Costco the other day and checked these chops. They are indeed sourced from Australia.

Thanks for the reply Cliff, I appreciate that. I will have to try the Costco product. Last time from our local grocer I bought an Opal brand Aussie lamb leg but didn't care much for it. Seems like the Aussies have taken over the export market. Used to be all the frozen lamb we'd get was from New Zealand.

If anyone is interested, I stumbled across a website that has quite a few recipes, etc. http://www.americanlamb.com/

There are definitely times I wished I still lived on Vancouver Island, the local lamb there is off the charts good and is my fave.

Last edited:

Back