Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotisserie Turkey

I'm going to do the legs in the oven and the breast on the rotisserie. Don't want to take any chances.
    Thanks Dan
    Shirley Fab 24 x 36 RF WSM 22--Smoky Joe Grill- Weber Hanging rack-Cajun Bandit Rotisserie- 2 Mavericks 732 Thermapen KCBS

TVWBB Pro
    Might work if you split the breast in half, so the height of the meats is close to the same, Nevertheless good luck!!!
    tom bauer
    WSM 14.5,18.5, CB22.5, SJSilver, Q220, Q300, Q320, 18.5, 22.5, Kettle

I love roti turkey but have never tried it the way you are. I think the 2 hour estimate is probably pretty close, but I always cook by temp and not by time. When I think it's time to check I stop the roti and insert the thermometer to get the current temp, then I just estimate how much longer and check a few more times till it's done. If your legs and breast don't finish at the same time just take off the finished part and wrap it up good in foil and a towel and wait for the rest to get done. I think the legs and breast will all finish within probably 30 minutes of each other.
    Steve- "say, what's that I'm smelling?" Smokey Joe Platinum, Genesis 1000LX, 18.5 WSM, O-Grill, Weber 26.75 OTG

Hi All Breast came out good in the rotisserie, but the legs in oven were just OK..
    Dan
    Shirley Fab 24 x 36 RF WSM 22--Smoky Joe Grill- Weber Hanging rack-Cajun Bandit Rotisserie- 2 Mavericks 732 Thermapen KCBS

TVWBB Emerald Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    Tks for the report
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

Been away for a while so I didn't see the update on how things turned out. Next time I wouldn't hesitate to do the legs and breasts together if I were you. I've done a fair number of whole turkeys on the roti and have never had a problem getting everything done together. The roti method is very forgiving since it self bastes whatever you have on it. Glad the breast turned out good, but you missed a real treat by not having the legs on the roti with some wood smoke added. Smoked dark turkey meat is the best, and done on a roti really keeps it moist.
    Steve- "say, what's that I'm smelling?" Smokey Joe Platinum, Genesis 1000LX, 18.5 WSM, O-Grill, Weber 26.75 OTG

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Porter View Post
    Been away for a while so I didn't see the update on how things turned out. Next time I wouldn't hesitate to do the legs and breasts together if I were you. I've done a fair number of whole turkeys on the roti and have never had a problem getting everything done together. The roti method is very forgiving since it self bastes whatever you have on it. Glad the breast turned out good, but you missed a real treat by not having the legs on the roti with some wood smoke added. Smoked dark turkey meat is the best, and done on a roti really keeps it moist.
    HI Maybe next time a whole turkey on the rotisserie.
    Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12