Why you should always pay to have the store assemble

James Lake

TVWBB Emerald Member
I have put several kettles together and never knew that I was doing it wrong until I saw this one assembled in the store.

20171119_092030_zps9n6qtxhx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I see the legs installed incorrectly all the time. Even when I point it out they do nothing about it. As to the handle I would have fixed it.

Even when I point it out they do nothing about it.

Service has gone to crap over the last few years. There is an Exxon super store that I stop by to grab a beer on my way home. One of the women who works there has never said thank you to me. It's so frustrating, I know I'm going to scream "Thank You" at the top of my lungs one day just to freak her out.

Let me guess. You saw that grill at the Lowes in Medford ;)

I was there last Sat and saw that very same grill.

It definitely speaks volumes as the quality of the work that the folks do assembling grills there.

It's worth noting that it is not the Dept Mgr that does the assembling work. It's the kids who are hired at minimum wage to stock the shelves, etc. That's why you should never have them assemble a grill (or anything else for that matter) for you. Better to do it yourself rather than put your trust in some HS graduate who's probably more concerned about how to get back together with his girlfriend then he is about the quality of his work.

When my daughter was in high school she worked at a hardware store. She was very observant of how things should be and assembled several items, CORRECTLY. Then the high school boys told her she did not know what she was doing and took over the task. At first she was mad then a day later came home laughing because the know it all boys had assembled a bench, had several parts left over, and it collapsed when one of them sat on it.
Moral of the story - No matter which store assembles an item double check it for your own safety and possibly a good laugh.

Back