Saturday Steak Night with Ribeyes

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I picked up some nice ribeyes from my butcher for the Aggie game tonight.

lxw2ROgh.jpg

Ribeyes with nice cap.

kegLWGph.jpg

Seasoned with kosher salt and Meat Church Holy Cow

ypkmRfth.jpg

Got the coals nice and hot.

WgeqWBLh.jpg

Letting the Kettle do her thing!

m0w0eDQh.jpg

After the flip.

NTIQNr5h.jpg

Finished.

ytq3r1Vh.jpg

Plated with creamed spinach.

Ot4ZLnwh.jpg

Got a nice cook on them! Thanks for looking! These are some of the best steaks I've cooked in while.

I've never used the baskets, never had them, so I've always piled the coals high, banked on one side.

I can see the appeal of your setup. I think I'll try the fire ring or something next time I cook steaks.

Nice looking ribeyes & sides - all I'd add is a chunk of a crusty loaf of bread or maybe a potato. Perfectly cooked too - not that your pictures are lacking (they're not! I love the plates too - just I know how hard it is to capture the actual done-ness - yours look perfectly cooked.)

Those ribeyes look great. I don't cover my Kettle when I use the sear grate, maybe I should be ? Especially after lookin at those ribeyes :)

And that Kettle is interesting, you've got wooden handles like the old ones , but a temp gauge in the hood like the new ones. And it looks new.

Last edited:
Those ribeyes look great. I don't cover my Kettle when I use the sear grate, maybe I should be ? Especially after lookin at those ribeyes :)

And that Kettle is interesting, you've got wooden handles like the old ones , but a temp gauge in the hood like the new ones. And it looks new.

It's about a 5 or 6 year old One touch silver. I added the ash catcher and the lid therm. My most recent thing was swapping out the glass reinforced nylon handles for the wooden ones. I cover my kettle when searing now. I didn't always. It helps stop flareups so I can sear longer. It also keeps the grate nice and hot.

Based solely on how good those steaks looked, I bought a bottle of Meat Church Holy Cow and it just arrived today.

Hope to give it a go on something , this weekend.

Back