Pulled Brisket

Mac LA

TVWBB Super Fan
Has anyone here done pulled brisket as opposed to sliced (blasphemy I know)?

Is the idea to just over-cook it or what?

What you think?

Johnny O.

I would think that only the point would make really good pulled but I could be wrong. I think you would just overcook it, but maybe overcook it wrapped in foil with some broth.

True, I guess I could always chop it too.

I'm mainly looking for ways to stretch the product for catering. Anytime I'm ordered some it appears to be pulled and/or chopped up.

I would never purposely cook it that way, but leftovers or a screwed up one I would.

Tim

We make a version of Franklin's Tipsy Texan sandwich that's making me hungry just typing about it. Chopped brisket (mainly flat), mixed with Franklin Espresso Sauce, cole slaw, pickles, a hunk of Texas beef sausage sliced lengthwise on top, all on a hearty round roll. You don't need anything else but ice cold Shiner Bock.

Jeff

Hmm. Thinking more on it I would probably not severely overcook it but maybe up to 205 or really tender and chop it.

Pulled or chopped brisket -- especially if it's a little bit overdone and crumbly -- makes excellent brisket tacos as well. You can do them with shredded cheese, red cabbage slaw, tomatoes and guacamole, barbecue sauce and beans -- just about anything that'll fit on a tortilla will work well. There's no shame in reheating brisket with some beef stock to moisten it up and then putting it in a tortilla with whatever you have handy. Cold beer will fog your mind and clear your conscience.

Jeff

Last brisket I did I separated the point after the flat was done and put it into a homemade thin beef sauce and covered it and let it cook about three hours more at 250-275. Then I shredded it like PSB and used it in enchiladas and pulled brisket sammies, was excellent in both.

Back