Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me out with thoughts on the Performer series, I think I've narrowed it down...

TVWBB Super Fan
    Tim,

I won't lie to you, if I lived in Indiana and could pick this up, I think my hat would be in the ring. LOL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-Ranch...l/182896999617

I hope someone gets a great deal on that, as real estate agents say...location, location, location...

DISCLAIMER: while I think it is bad protocol to post auction links on a public forum, this is entirely dependent on location. That said, if you see that diamond in the rough Ranch Kettle in NorCal, let me know privately so I can snag it cheap! LOL
    Alan - Smoke 'em if you got 'em, and if you don't got 'em, get 'em!

Pal, my wife would have a dandy Christmas, I’d be buried with a bunch of charcoal ash before the thanksgiving turkey fat had congealed!
    If I was still working, I would certainly place a bid. Now I will see just where “Greenwood” is...
    Looks like about eight hours round trip from here. If I was working, I’d spend a day going to get it but, I’m not, damnit!
    Last edited by Timothy F. Lewis; 11-16-2017 at 06:41 PM.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy F. Lewis View Post
    Pal, my wife would have a dandy Christmas, I’d be buried with a bunch of charcoal ash before the thanksgiving turkey fat had congealed!
    If I was still working, I would certainly place a bid. Now I will see just where “Greenwood” is...
    Looks like about eight hours round trip from here. If I was working, I’d spend a day going to get it but, I’m not, damnit!
    I'm not working either, but I would still buy a Ranch Kettle at the right price. Still, won't be a complete steal, no telling how much it will go for. I suspect $450-$500.

I don't know where Greenwood, IN is, but someone could be doing the snoopy dance outta there...

I have to show you this ad though, I think it's one of my favorite ads looking for a 'que...

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/fo...388690863.html

"It turns out I'm not very interested in smoking meats..."

Anyone that says that needs to have their man card taken away...or worse...sell it for about $100...looks new! I believe him!

Yep, “not interested...”
    Oh well, someone will be happy to get that!
    Greenwood is south of Dayton, someone down that way will indeed be doing a happy dance!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Dahl View Post
    The performer is what got me back into charcoal. With the gas assist it's basically as easy as a gasser to use. With the work table and charcoal bin which I use to store my smoking woods it's perfect.
    If you can swing it I would go with the bigger performer with the gas assist you won't regret it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat G View Post
    Ditto here. I am so glad I bought the Performer with the gas assist. It is definitely the way to go.
    As both Rich and Pat said about the gas assist, you won't regret it, and it is definitely the way to go.

No space problems here...... All SS Performers were found on Craigslist, you just have to be patient and keep looking.

Last edited by JeffG; Today at 10:08 AM.
    Bacon....the duct tape of the Gods.

TVWBB All-Star
    Go retro with a Gen1 SSP.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/for...390904330.html

Here's a Blue with a cracked table that can easily be replaced.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/for...385447444.html

Ranch Kettle x 2, MiniRanch Gen2 Performer , SS Performer , OTG , OTS, Red MBH, JJ, SJS, Summit 650, Genesis Silver C , Genesis Gold C

TVWBB Super Fan
    I saw that blue one, and sent an email on Thrusday afternoon to try and meet with him. No reply, and it looks like the lid is dented with possible rust. That guy obviously didn't appreciate and take care of his Weber.

Damn, that red one looks kinda cool...it looks like it has the ash pot on it.

I don't get up to the north side of the bay very often, and was headed up to Lake County, but am still empty handed in regard to kettles. Maybe the new one on the Amazon link is waiting for me, we'll see as I keep my eyes open.

There's was a nice blue one in San Bruno, but don't see it anymore and the seller wanted $200 firm...

I would have jumped on ChrisA's 26.75" Kettle, I'm a few months late...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123