Brisket Point

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame

I found a brisket point in the case at the butcher shop and had to rescue it. This is prime Aspen Ridge Natural.

7msIDSTh.jpg

Trimmed it up a little.

CpgOQQIh.jpg

Fat side

hCaHhJwh.jpg

I got this brilliant idea to try to roll up the narrow end. It didn't work out, but it did help it cook more evenly
I seasoned it with Meat Church Holy Cow

RyywWsOh.jpg

I let the heat rip on this cook. I never wrapped because I wanted burnt ends, but I let the WSM ride up to about 330.

iok0qN7h.jpg

I also through some street taco brats on that my butcher makes.

eKws1tKh.jpg

I sliced the narrow end into burnt ends.

IqFa3QIh.jpg

I sliced the rest of it. As you can see the high heat rendered the fat exceptionally well. This is by far the best smoke ring
I've gotten on brisket on the WSM. The crust turned out excellent. I definitely prefer to cook a whole brisket. The problem with a small
cut like this is that cooks at just about the same rate. Even running as high as I did, it took a solid 5 hours. I would have wrapped it if it was a whole brisket,
but this point took the heat well. It came out almost as good a low and slow cook, but I still prefer low and slow. This was largely an experiment, and it turned out good.

Dustin

Great experiment, glad you rescued the prime brisket point, and did it justice.

Dam that looks good vvvv.

sEYAzXu.jpg

Looks tasty! But where's the finished shot of the burnt ends??? Don't leave us hanging man!

Back