Where did everybody go?

I don’t get on as much as I used to. Just a lot busier these daze. I try to ck in from time to time and respond to the treads that catch my eye.

Some members go into hibernation this time of year, they'll be out to look for their shadows (and tongs) next spring.
Others, that were active, slowly reduce their number of posts to few or none.
Some, formerly prolific posters, just suddenly drop out of sight.

Guess I fall in the second category.
After 9 years of seeing topics repeated over and over, and subjects that I have no interest in, like heatermeters & ATCs, my visits and posts have greatly tapered off.
My enthusiasm for grilling and barbecuing on a Weber has not.

Some members go into hibernation this time of year, they'll be out to look for their shadows (and tongs) next spring.
Others, that were active, slowly reduce their number of posts to few or none.
Some, formerly prolific posters, just suddenly drop out of sight.

Guess I fall in the second category.
After 9 years of seeing topics repeated over and over, and subjects that I have no interest in, like heatermeters & ATCs, my visits and posts have greatly tapered off.

I haven't been here all that long, but I have noticed the "threads getting bare" a bit at times too.

I come here almost every day just to see what's up. Sometimes there's nothing. I understand that. We all have lives, some of us are retired (I'm 63, but I've been retired for over 7 years), but we all have other interests as well (I've been playing guitar since 1971).

With Winter raising it's head it's time to hibernate for some. There's frost on our pumpkins right now. :)

Let's see, between work getting busy, me getting sick, the wife having a most epic battle with a kidney stone, that covers about the last 3 weeks. I've been lurking though.

I haven't been around for awhile but this place seems pretty vacant.

Good to see YOU back Jeff. I was wondering where you went. Maybe we can shake out Robert R.

Ditto this! The bottom line and most important!

Let's see, between work getting busy, me getting sick, the wife having a most epic battle with a kidney stone, that covers about the last 3 weeks. I've been lurking though.

Not to mention a hurricane!

Edit..... Glad Rat is back Bob.

Last edited:
Maybe we can shake out Robert R.

Maybe... in addition to deaths & births in the family, a few other speed-bumps, I had emergency carotid artery surgery.
Still cooking outside, just haven't had the energy to post &/or document cooks. Check in once a day at least.

Long live the rat :cool:
Barb and I tend to not do as much in the winter, with my meds when I get chilled it takes many hours to warm up again.
Also we tend to do mostly simple things because there is just the two of us. How many times can you post pulled pork, hamburgers, brats, steaks etc. without being completely redundant.
I'm on here almost every day to see what some of the more adventuress folks are doing and post to their threads.
Not to say I haven't learned a lot, my grilling and bbq skills are a hundred times better then when I started.

How many times can you post pulled pork, hamburgers, brats, steaks etc. without being completely redundant.

I have to agree with you Rich. I've been grilling a lot lately just not documenting everything. Luckily, winter here in the Houston area is perfect grilling weather.

Lew Newby; Jeff, we were just waiting for you to get back. :)

Laugh of the day Lew.^^^:D

Cliff Bartlett; Good to see YOU back Jeff. I was wondering where you went. Maybe we can shake out Robert R.

Thanks Cliff, been busy, Get better soon Robert-R.

Just wondering where a few of the great posters/cooks went..Bill Shultz, Enrico Brandizzi, TonyUK, Nate Frost, Russ Olin, John Solak, etc. just to name a few. We all know ChuckO COMES AND GOES, and TonyR is on fire on Instagram.
If a Cliff Bartlett cook only gets 4 - 10 comments.

Bob Correll, Jim Lampe, Cliff Bartlett, Clint, CaseT, etc. are legends, and never disappoint.

Turkey time should pick things up, glad to be apart of this great forum.

Last edited:
Jeff, i'm still here... kinda.
cant remember the last time I posted a cook, but my mouth is always open.

For me, life is always changing along with demands of different jobs and the pleasures of family.

It's been a long....long time since I have posted here, but I'm still doing stuff like curing and smoking my own bacon.

temporary_zpsdz4lcwp8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I get that Show & Tell ( Photo Gallery ) has a lot of followers. But scroll down and browse a few threads, and something might peak your interest either in offering advice or adding an opinion.
Or you can always start a thread on whatever you like.:)
Sadly most of the Legends from the old forum don't post anymore, and I miss that.

Tim

Work has been kicking my you know what! I'm not cooking anywhere near as much as I'd like. Maybe 1 or 2 on the weekends.
Also, we got a new camping trailer a few months ago, and I've been spending a LOT of time on a RV forum asking a ton of questions!

Back