Veterans Day Weekend Grill Out

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
OK, it is a holiday weekend with many getting Friday off in lieu of Veterans Day being on Saturday.

So, what are your plans for grilling this weekend if any? An old tried and true favorite or will you try something completely different this weekend?

Don't tell me the grill has already been put away for the winter either. That is not acceptable. Actually putting it away for the winter is bad enough, but admitting it on on a public forum is just plain wrong.

Today we're going to be smoking some boneless CSRs on the mini, smoked with apple and then put into a pan with apple juice, peach nectar, BBQ sauce and some spices. Covered and cooked until fall apart tender and shredded and served over rice.
Haven't decided on a side yet.
For Veterans Day it's burgers and home fries.
Sunday, haven't a clue.

Last edited:
Yah, I have read up on those "Country Style" Ribs. Do you pretty much cook them the same way and are they as good as regular St Louis cut or Baby Back ribs?

I'm working Saturday but might throw something on the grill Sunday. My birthday is Monday so we are still deciding if daddy wants to get taken out to a restaurant or fire up one of the Webers. If so I'm leaning towards lamb chops.

Pat good choice with the lamb chops may do that on Sunday the ones from Costco are to kill for nice and thick, by the way happy birthday.

Chicken pot pie tonite ( freakin cold and snowing today) I work outside so I'm a Sally, doing it in the indoor appliance.:rolleyes:
Arrachera tomorrow. OTG
Rump roast Sunday. WSM
Pork Loin Monday.OTG

Tim

Doing a less-than-large pork butt on the WSM.

Thank you fellow veterans, especially our wounded combat vets struggling to recover. Tomorrow I will smoke this butt and enjoy the freedoms and lifestyle your hard work provides.

Almost every 2nd Sat of the month we drive a couple of towns away and have friend chicken at the Am Legion.

(It's 36F here today)

Back