Craycort customer service ?

NeilH

TVWBB Emerald Member
I recently placed an order for the 22.5” grates but received two grates that were 10”x8”. I have no idea what they go too but are the wrong item. My order and receipt even say otherwise. Problem is, they are non existent as far as contacting. I call their number but the recording says to go to their website and email them. So I did that but nothing, not even a response. Have any of you had this experience before with them? I simply won’t a prepaid shipping label to return them for a full refund. I guess the next step is to file a claim through PayPal ? Thanks for any help.

I would file with PayPal. They will want to know if you tried to contact them. PayPal got my $200 back after bad deal on E-bay. Very easy to do.

I would file with PayPal. They will want to know if you tried to contact them. PayPal got my $200 back after bad deal on E-bay. Very easy to do.

That’s what I ended up doing. Still no word from the company yet. (I did order another set through amazon which came from Craycort but haven’t used them yet.) I just want a refund for the wrong product they sent through their website.

Well after a few back and forths with PayPal and trying to get them to negotiate with Craycort, still nothing. Craycort wants me to pay shipping for the wrong item they sent me. I have the receipt of what I ordered and received the wrong item and they want even pay for the return shipping fee. What’s so bad is I have since bought the set I originally wanted off Amazon and it came straight from the Craycort company. They even mentioned that to PayPal during their exchange.

Long story short, Craycort has a non existent customer service and are not for satisfying the customer. Now I have to pay shipping to send back their mistake to get my full refund for the 22.5” grates that I had originally ordered.

Don’t buy from them.

I can imagine there are some vendors out there whom manufacture grilling accessories while still maintaining day jobs and, therefore, may not have live personnel for immediate assistance. But to refuse to cover the cost of their mistake is inexcusable.

I would assume the grates you got are for a weber go anywhere. But that kind of service should put them in a "do not buy from" list. What happens if you get the right grate but it's defective ?

Shocked PayPal is saying you should pay the return shipping. You have a legitimate case here.

PayPal doesn't get in the middle of a a dispute and decide who's right or wrong. They simply tell the buyer to return the item and when tracking shows it returned, give the buyer their money back.... for ANY reason and for 6 months. If the seller has no balance in their account, PayPal covers it and goes after the seller.

If you fund a PayPal payment with a Credit Card, you can do a chargeback with them and they will typically tell the seller to foot the return cost or let the buyer keep it.Paypal will also charge an additional fee to the seller if they fight the chargeback.

Last edited:
PayPal doesn't get in the middle of a a dispute and decide who's right or wrong. They simply tell the buyer to return the item and when tracking shows it returned, give the buyer their money back.... for ANY reason and for 6 months. If the seller has no balance in their account, PayPal covers it and goes after the seller.

If you fund a PayPal payment with a Credit Card, you can do a chargeback with them and they will typically tell the seller to foot the return cost or let the buyer keep it.Paypal will also charge an additional fee to the seller if they fight the chargeback.

PayPal’s whole rap is that they are safe way to buy and sell. The customer got the wrong item, got the run around and is now getting the shaft. How is that any of the OP’s fault? PayPal should step up their game and have the business refund his shipping fee as well.

All I’m saying is the whole thing stinks

Ok, the latest is that PayPal will pay for up to 13 return shipping fees within a year. Just simply send them a picture of the shipping address on the box you’re sending back and a picture of the total amount on the actual receipt. I did that and they have already started processing the $13 return shipping.

I checked the tracking and the package was forwarded to a different address than I was asked to send it to in Lancaster, PA.
It was to arrive today so I don’t really know what’s going on.

I was just looking and I’ll have to eat the original $20 shipping that they charged initially when sending the wrong item. I sent it back with two day shipping for $13, so that’s kind of strange also. This whole ordeal would be much more tolerable on my end and satisfy my mind if they simply answered their contact number on their website. Instead you’re instructed to send an email and I did but never heard back.

I’ll have to say I really enjoy the set I received off Amazon via Craycort but it’s kind of bittersweet using them after all this.

Back