Owen's BBQ Teriyaki sticks

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Ordered a few spice mixes from Owen's BBQ. My sous chef had been bugging me to make some teriyaki snack sticks.

Mix called for 12 1/2 pounds of meat. 10 pounds ground beef, 2 1/2 pounds ground pork. I picked up a whole top round and a two pack of pork butt. Cut both up and ground it all. Ended up with what we needed and an additional 13# of ground beef, and 12 pounds of ground pork. I bagged the extra pork into 2 1/2 pound portions and the beef into 2 pound vac bags. We'll use it for more sticks later.

Smoked using the step temp method. Used pitmasters blend of pellets from Amaze N Smokers in one of my smoke tubes.

Pretty tasty the mix is a bit salty for my taste but the sous chef and his brother have no complaints.

37467510964_f9d56952ae_c.jpg

24325651238_5656fb132e_c.jpg

24325650628_3221beb859_c.jpg

37467510644_c7e32a70ab_c.jpg

38216600676_bd119d377f_c.jpg

While the sticks were smoking we made a Dutch Baby for breakfast in the cast iron!

38271185851_6f963563b4_c.jpg

Those sticks look fantastic and I'm sure very delicious too. I love your Dutch Baby for breakfast, I've seen the recipe in the Case Iron Cook Book. Going to have to make one because it sure looks yummy.

Last edited:
Those sticks look fantastic and I'm sure very delicious too. I love your Dutch Baby for breakfast, I've seen the recipe in the Case Iron Cook Book. Going to have to make one because it sure looks yummy.

Wait you have my cookbook? Yay! Very good very simple! One thing I've found, really whip up the batter. Unlike pancakes these babies like the air.

- - - Updated - - -

Great looking snack sticks Case. Some super help you have there too. Sous Chef is getting big.

Thank you Cliff!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice job pops.

Great looking snack sticks but even better is the time with the family.

Thank you Clint!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that is awesome!!!!! Nice meaty sticks there!

Thank you Michael!

- - - Updated - - -

Couple of good cooks you guys did. Both look great.

Thanks Rich! I hear that Dutch Baby Sunday is in your future!

Your sous chef's face says it all, thanks Dad, these Owen's BBQ Teriyaki sticks rule. I'm sure there 10 times better than a Slim Jim.

my mom used to buy big containers of those (like what you'd see in the gas station) when I was a kid - I never had much self control.

I see you mentioned the step method - dd you cook them on the WSM??? I want more pictures from the smoker!

Did you weigh the finished product?

my mom used to buy big containers of those (like what you'd see in the gas station) when I was a kid - I never had much self control.

I see you mentioned the step method - dd you cook them on the WSM??? I want more pictures from the smoker!

Did you weigh the finished product?

No I use my propane smoker for sausage and jerky making.

I never weigh after smoking sausage or jerky.

Back