Summit Burner swap to Genesis

I_Rivera

Does anybody know if the side burner off of a Summit Gold B6 would fit and function if swapped on one of the Genesis I-V models? If so, is it relatively easy to do and what would be required as far as parts and work/process goes?

For example:

This Burner:

On this type of Genesis:

I don't think so. The frame on the that type of Summit is deeper front to back than the Genesis

Does anybody know if the side burner off of a Summit Gold B6 would fit and function if swapped on one of the Genesis I-V models? If so, is it relatively easy to do and what would be required as far as parts and work/process goes?

For example:

This Burner:

On this type of Genesis:

Propane or Natural Gas?

The fuel involved is really not important. Honestly unless you have some mad fabricating skills

I was wondering about the fuel because I have a NG side burner that I deleted from my grill in favor of an extra side table. I never used the burner, not even one time. So I have a natural gas side burner available if anyone needs one.

If you have an older style Genesis it should fit his grill pretty well. The fuel type is easy peasy to change. One orifice and you're done

I was wondering about the fuel because I have a NG side burner that I deleted from my grill in favor of an extra side table. I never used the burner, not even one time. So I have a natural gas side burner available if anyone needs one.

I will keep you posted. I'm looking at 2 Redhead's right now. One is closer to me, but in worse shape and has no side burner, the other is much further, in better shape and has the side burner, both same asking price. If I go with the closer one, I may take you up on the side burner.

If you have an older style Genesis it should fit his grill pretty well. The fuel type is easy peasy to change. One orifice and you're done

What do you mean by that? What exactly would I have to do to add an NG side burner to an LP Genesis?

I_ What do you mean by that? What exactly would I have to do to add an NG side burner to an LP Genesis?[/QUOTE said:
There is only one orifice to swap and the valve is a variable type so no replacement or modification is necessary. Actually I have a NG side burner on my dad's Genesis that I added for him. It works just fine and I didn't modify anything at all. Yeah it operated on the high side when full blast but it's VERY easy to regulate by simply turning it down. Frankly I would not even worry about it

You could actually have really good boiling ability with a NG burner on a propane fueled grill, for example for big pots of corn. Not that I'd boil corn, but some might.

Back