Weber Performer 1488001

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
Got a question I think I have the dimensions would need to fit this in a Honda Pilot so will check but I may need to pick this up myself so no assistance.

Guessing its to heavy for one person to muscle in to the pilot so thinking the frame does not weigh much so if I removed the bowl is that only a few bolts and what size wrench or socket would I need. Thinking remove it then no problem getting it in the back.

Brian

I have a 2012 PIlot. It fit easily with 2nd and 3rd row seats folded down. I think maybe all I had to do was remove the lid. Everything upright too so I didn't have to remove the grates inside. I think I did remove the grates n guts for fear it would be too heavy to lift into the pilot myself. I don't remember it being hard at all to transport. A buddy would certainly make it really easy.

The performer model yo have uses Phillips bolts to hod down the bowl to the cart.

I once fit a S-310 Weber Genesis and I had to remove some seized pins to take off the lid and remove all the guts before I could find a way to to fit it in like a jigsaw puzzle. That required the seller to help me lift in there.

Last edited:
I have a 2012 PIlot. It fit easily with 2nd and 3rd row seats folded down. I think maybe all I had to do was remove the lid. Everything upright too so I didn't have to remove the grates inside. I think I did remove the grates n guts for fear it would be too heavy to lift into the pilot myself. I don't remember it being hard at all to transport. A buddy would certainly make it really easy.

The performer model yo have uses Phillips bolts to hod down the bowl to the cart.

I once fit a S-310 Weber Genesis and I had to remove some seized pins to take off the lid and remove all the guts before I could find a way to to fit it in like a jigsaw puzzle. That required the seller to help me lift in there.

Not sure how high the back of your Pilot is but with my van, I just wheel the Performer up to the back with the bowl away from the van. Tip it back carefully and scoot it forward while doing so. This gets the front casters up into the van. Then just walk to the back, grab the bowl and lift. When level, push it right in. Oh,, BTW, first thing to do is take the lid off of course.

I used to have to remove the grates, flip the lid upside down as then I could get my old (pre super mod) performer in my wife’s Jeep.
98 Cherokee, to be clear.
Now, I’m basically glad to have everything here and accessible.
I’m going to have to find an old El Camino to become the “Porker Express”
I’d use “Pork Chop Express” but, that was Jack Burton’s Truck! (Big Trouble in Little China) and, as cool as I am, Jack was even cooler!

I did not win it Dave but that is what I figured I was going to do take the lid off get it tilted on the bumper just wheel it in. Not in a hurry will find another one.

Tim the Pilot is fairly tall sure it would not have been a problem.

Brian, I thought the Pilot was fairly tall but, wasn’t sure. The flipping of the lid just made so much sense for me when the lightbulb finally fired!
Winning the lotto will finance the “Pork Cruiser”...
When that happens, Chris just might have a new sponsor too!

They are surprisingly light, you will have no problem lifting it and putting it in. It should certainly fit into a Pilot because I brought one home in my Ford Focus ST, which has less cargo height than a regular Ford Focus hatchback, due to the full sized spare. I had no trouble at all putting one into my PT Cruiser, but those little cars will swallow up a full sized free-standing range with no trouble.

Back