40” in a 30”garage!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
My brother did indeed decide he was finished using his 22 WSM, so I have managed to snuggle in both smokers! I got it in just before the snow got nasty. One car garage, newer car, normal garage things and now an 18 and a 22 smoker tucked into the space.
The question will now become, just how big a feast will I be able to do given the massive amount of square footage of the combined units? I see two massive briskets, and maybe six to eight butts?
Mind you, I am NOT saying I will be doing this in the next twenty minutes but, I’m getting curious.
Also have I missed anyone using a rotisserie ring to increase available grate space (using my 1/4x20 stud condo modification) I honestly never expected to own a 22, I’m sorry to not have my brother inviting me for brisket but, I will try to overcome the trauma by doing massive feasts!
Thanks Ed!

I would think the 18 would fit inside the 22.5...just a thought. It would reduce the footprint. I mounted my 22.5 on a dolly so I can move it around without any hassle.

Bill, I kind of like the “Russian doll” idea but, I have shoehorned them in the garage quite satisfactorily for the moment.
Thanks Chris, I’m just drooling thinking of the massive amounts of Smokey goodness which is going to happen in the not too distant future!
Now I can really “Go BIG!” And stay home!
I’ll let you know how things go.
I need to find a material cart from Home Depot or an old lumber yard to modify as a carriage for the whole shebang!

I need to find a material cart from Home Depot or an old lumber yard to modify as a carriage for the whole shebang!

I had a lot of equipment (tractor, snow plow, mower deck . . .) and a tight space to store it all. Getting things on a cart, or in my case making a skid for each piece of equipment, will do you well. Either look into putting some castors on each WSM or fabricating a cart would be a good idea and a relatively simple project (depending on how elaborate you get). It's a lot easier to use them if all you have to do is pull the car out and roll your equipment out and not having to mess with carrying them out piece by piece or worrying about them falling over. Good luck!

Back