Sad day/happy day!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
The snow was spitting today so, after taking care of my wife’s potted plants, I set the grill table cover up! I will have access to the 22 but, the 18 is covered for the present. That’s the sad part.
The happy part, my brother(excellent smoker BTW) has decided that he does not want his 22 WSM! There is an up and down side to this too, I won’t be able to feast on his very fine brisket production but, now I have a pretty full set of Weber armaments for pretty much all situations! Hardest part is going to be finding homes for two WSMs I did not have last fall! Hmmm, I WILL make it work! I have all winter to design a double barreled WSM arrangement to match my kettle set up. First, talk to me cabinetmaker buddy about a bit more of that cypress....
Update,
I just re stacked charcoal and moved my patio heater, I now have space for the 22 to live in the garage over the winter. Yay!

Last edited:
Sounds like you're good to go in the grilling and smoking world Tim. You've seen my collection of nine grills and smokers and I'm still looking for a red head 22 kettle to go along with my red head genesis 1000. Barb gave me the green light for that, but when I do get the red head 22 that light will become a blinking red one.

Snow, wow little early I would guess, here it's in the high 40s at night and mid 70s during the day.

Thanks Rich, just registered a couple that I’d bought a while back and just tucked away in the garage. The Go Anywhere and Smokey Joe Gold still in boxes, unassembled. Imelda was very helpful.
To be honest, it really just spit a few snow pellets but, since we’ve been so warm and beautiful, it was a slap in the face! Once I sort out the smoker condo, I will design a wind screen and snow deflector of some sort. For the moment the bullets are loaded in the garage and will be used when I get the urge. I did see briskets at Costco.......

Back