Hello from Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Klaas

Hello,

Recently purchased my first WSM to complete my Weber collection, started with the beginner recipes and now strolling through the forums looking at the great tips and recipes.

Welcome aboard, Klaas! Congrats on your WSM purchase. :wsm: You will love it. What do you have in the rest of your Weber collection? Be sure to surf through the Photo Gallery forum for lots of great cooks and ideas. Hope to see some of your cooks there in the future.

Thanks Ed, should have bought it years ago, really happy with it. Put my collection in the signature. Will post some pictures in the near future, but first have to practice a lot.

When traveling the internets, whenever I run across someone from the Netherlands ............. I thank them for the Netherlands American Cemetery at Margraten. My Dad, a B-17 Ball Turret Gunner, was very very fortunate to survive WW II, but thousands were not and many are buried in the Netherlands. They are the real heroes.

And the care given to their graves by the Dutch is very much appreciated.

There were thousands of Allied planes that crashed in Holland, trying to make it back to England from Germany, and many more were shot down in air battles over the Netherlands. US troops also fought several land battles in around Holland. During and after the war, Dutch families cared for the graves of our men that were KIA. Each family adopted a grave, and made that American soldier " their boy " . They took care of his grave as if he were their own. And its been passed down from generation to generation.

Don't ever think that no one here notices.

Netherlands_American_Cemetery

margratenview2.jpg

Welcome Klaas - you are in the right place for anything WSM/smoking/grilling related! Good luck and let us know how you're coming along

Welkom Klaas!

What size WSM did you buy?
I'm sure you will have some fun with it. I really like mine :)

Okay, I am blind. I saw in your signature it's the 18.5".
I got the 14.5 one.

Back