Cleaning a stainless hood

Have you considered wheel cleaner?

I'm not exactly endorsing it, but if you could find a piece of stainless to test with, I'd give it a try.

A degreaser may fit the bill too.

I don't think it's that bad to go that far

I'm thinking something along the lines that be a liquid and applied then almost pulls the dirt out

Honestly I just use windex on my Wolf. It works just fine. For heavier deposits regular old oven cleaner works fine. Bare in mind the Wolf is solid 304SS not the cheapie stuff so I don't know how it the other stuff would react

You might consider trying something like a long soak in simple green first, I'd go light first and see how I liked the results before getting harsher.

Also, I've read on here that if you do go to a harsher solution to always scrub with the grain ...

Reggie, I swear by bar keepers friend its a cleanser and polish its cheap can be found at the supermarket. Dampen a cloth put some on it rub a spot in the back of the lid to make sure its not to abrasive.

As TH said you need to rub it the same way as the grain not a swirling motion.

Brian

Last edited:
Bar keeper's friend is a brilliant cleanser, but it is abrasive, so keep with the grain and you'll be fine.

I'd still try a milder solution first, but that's just me.

I've been trying to learn "patience" for years now, and it's kind of working. Not always, but kind of :)

I was going to mention Bar Keeper's Friend, but I thought it might be too labor intensive. As for marring the surface, Bar Keeper's Friend makes a softer liquid version in a plastic bottle for what it's worth.

Good idea of rubbing with the grain of the metal. I do that when washing and drying a car.

Getting back to the wheel cleaner option, Weber makes a grill cleaning spray that smells like an acid-based product. I've sprayed it on our stainless steel sink a few times.

41zfIJmbzyL.jpg

Back