How About those Astros!

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
Exciting time in Houston right now. Great game last night with the good guys winning.

Go Astros!

Congrats on their first World Series game win!
We're rooting for them, glad the Cubs went kaputski. :)

220px-HOU_1094.gif

I'm with ya Pat. Of course my being a die hard Giants fan, you already knew that. Bob... The only time in my life I rooted for the Cubs was this years NLCS, when they played the.... Dodgers. I remember when the Astros broke in as the Colt 45s. Same year as the Mets I believe. Go Astros.

Last edited:
I had no idea Houston moved to the American League. :eek:

I'm behind the times. All I can remember is Earl Weaver's Orioles. :eek: Well, I do remember Bobby Cox and his Braves.

Wow, another fantastic game and performance by the Astros. One game away from winning it all.

Go Astros!

You know Pat, I told my son last night, I'm so used to the Giants the past two years, getting behind 3-0 and lights,,,, out game over, that it's just exhilarating to see a team continually make those type of efforts. I'm so happy for the City of Houston and everyone associated with the team. Having said that I hope I didn't just put the old whammy on them. Winning one out of two remaining games against the Dodgers won't be easy, especially in their yard. Go Astros.

I live less than a mile away from Dodger Stadium. The traffic nightmare coming home from work....
But otherwise, I'm hoping they'll take it to game 7.

Do all of you Astros and Dodgers fans have your supply of Tums ready for tonight's game?
Mrs Bob and I miss our Cards not making it to the post season, but not the gut wrenching that goes along with it.

Good luck to your team!

I'm ready for tonight. It has been stressful to watch, but it all comes down to one last game. Hoping for a Houston win.

Go Astros!

Should be a great game. It would make this crummy baseball season (from a Giant's perspective) worth it if the Astros could pull it out. Here's hoping Houston! Go Astros!

What a great series, so glad the good guys won. It's pretty crazy down here, a one hour wait just to get in to Academy and buy some World Series Champions gear. So proud of the Astros!

Congratulations to the Astros! Wonderful season and it's apparent they will be a force for years to come. The Dodgers always leave me wondering. If the plan was to have their ace Kershaw be the number two guy behind Darvish and potentially go 4 or 5 innings, why not start him? They might not have been down 5 zip in the third. Not normal logic, but do or die in Game 7?? Regardless, I think the Astros would have won in any scenario. They're a force and my hats off to them. Well done.

Have to admit I went to bed mid 5th, told Jo that the Astros better relief pitch well since I think that's all the runs they'll get.
Congrats to you Pat and all the Houston fans!

Back