Thread: Just Picked Up This GA Gas With Wooden Handles

Just Picked Up This GA Gas With Wooden Handles

I really didn't need this but I couldn't pass it up. It must be an older model due to the wooden handles. The guy says he used it once, I believe it. The only thing missing is the little clip for the legs, going to call Weber and see if I can get one. I bought it for $25. It will go well with the Weber portable table that I just bought.

Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) WSM 14.5 Original Kettle Premium 26 18 OTG Kettle Jumbo Joe Gas Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza

Nice score.

TVWBB Olympian
    Very nice and great flame. Usually on these you will find it hotter furthest from the regulator. Otherwise they cook fine. You will need to put up a barrier if there is any sort of a breeze. They did not have those clips back in the day for the legs. Just keep everything clean and oiled and it will last you a loooong time.

TVWBB Olympian
    Ps, with a little work, you can turn it into a charcoal grill, done it as a see if I could do it project.

TVWBB Pro
    Size wise, and usefulness wise, how does
    the GA grill compare to the Q-200? I have a Q200 but would love to expand the aresenal, I just have never seen or used a GA.
    Thanks,
    Tim
    Weber SG Gold Mini WSM 18.5 WSM Genesis E 320 Q-200:cool '06 Blue Performer

TVWBB Olympian
    Not as big. Kinda on the small side but with some practice one can do a lot. For my wife and I, I just use my charcoal ga.
    There is a guy on another list named phubar. The phubar is the ga god. It is amazing what he does with a ga.

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by George Curtis View Post
    Not as big. Kinda on the small side but with some practice one can do a lot. For my wife and I, I just use my charcoal ga.
    There is a guy on another list named phubar. The phubar is the ga god. It is amazing what he does with a ga.
    Thanks George. I love the size of my Q200, but this little GA grill intrigues me. If I can find one
    for a good price, who knows...
    Thanks again,
    Tim
    Weber SG Gold Mini WSM 18.5 WSM Genesis E 320 Q-200:cool '06 Blue Performer

TVWBB Olympian
    They are a must own, both gas and charcoal. Course I have about 5-7 of each. But just use the same two. I usually use the charcoal at home and the gas when out at the park, etc. They do seem to show up in clusters. I got my first cga from a member and the gga from a city 40 miles away which had wood handles.

Very nice.

TVWBB Super Fan
    picked up a wooden handle new in box last year. Very easily packed in a car (no suv or truck needed). I steal the 5lb propane tank from my performer and travel with it. I used up all of the little disposable tanks i had saved up already.
    -------EP-330, DD Performer, Jumbo-Joe, 14" WSM, GWGA-------