Beef Chuck Tender Roast on the Genesis 1000 rotisserie

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I have a 2lb Beef Chuck Tender Roast that I plan on putting on the rotisserie in my Genesis 1000 tomorrow. I have no idea what temp to cook it at and what internal temp to cook it to. I have a Thermoworks Smoke remote thermometer so I can monitor the internal meat temp as well as the cooking grate level temps easily. I also plan to put some wood chunks in for a smoke flavor.

So, I am looking for some advice. Seasonings, preparation, temps, etc....

Well, I went ahead and did the roast on the roto. I have to say it turned out great. I put some "Slap yo Mama" Cajun seasoning on it last night and wrapped it in celophane wrap overnight. I put it on about 1:30 this afternoon and took it off at about 5pm. I kept it in the 275 to 325 degree range with some wood chips for smoke. The interior temp of the roast was 151 when I took it off.

Next up is a 12lb Turkey.

Well, I went ahead and did the roast on the roto. I have to say it turned out great. I put some "Slap yo Mama" Cajun seasoning on it last night and wrapped it in celophane wrap overnight. I put it on about 1:30 this afternoon and took it off at about 5pm. I kept it in the 275 to 325 degree range with some wood chips for smoke. The interior temp of the roast was 151 when I took it off.

Next up is a 12lb Turkey.

Pics ?

Ahhhh, I didn't think to take any. But, really, it did happen. I will be sure to post some of the turkey.

Back