Craigslist Q300

BrettG

Found a Q300 on CL. This is my first Weber following many charcoal grills and a Stok Island for the past 6 years. Despite the Stok's low price, it was a great grill, but rust set in badly this year, forcing its retirement last week with the acquisition of the Q. I paid $80 for the Weber and all it needed was a good clean. Everything seems to be present including the tables and gas bottle screen. I stripped it to its components and cleaned the firebox, burners and igniter. I washed the cart inside and out with my wife's body wash. (She doesn't know...) I don't like to use household detergents on plastic because I think the degreasing ingredients accelerate the drying out of the plastic. I used Clean Green on the grills, firebox, burners and igniter with a soft scourer. I left the smokey patina on the inside of the lid, just gave it a wash with a rag and detergent. The Q works perfectly. Fires up promptly from the igniter and has more heat on the grill than the Stok. I've done some steaks and some kielbasa sausage so far. I was almost caught out by the hotter grill, but both meals turned out great. Next up will be spatchcock chicken done slowly. I'm thinking outer burner only on the lowest setting. A similar approach on the Stok produced a tender, juicy bird with 2 hours of cooking. So that's my introduction. I'd post some pictures, but I can't see any attachment link. I'm using an i-Pad, can anyone guide me? Thanks in advance.

Love to see your pictures!

You will need to use a photo sharing website where you post the pictures and then you copy the message board version of the link from that site to your post. I have been using TINYPIC.COM with good success. It is free, and the pictures seem to post without issue. You will notice that when you upload that you can resize your pictures to an appropriate size for a message board. I have had better luck using my PC than my iPad to do this, but you can probably do it all from your iPad. Hope this helps!

Back