Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Chicken 1st Time

Lew Newby

R.I.P. 1/26/2024
A few years ago I gave my Chargriller to my Son-In-Law my Rotisserie went with it. We've been wanting Rotisserie Chicken so I order the Cajun Bandit. I did a 5 lb bird and drip pan potatoes. The chicken was good but the breast was a little dry. Skin was good. My wife loved the potatoes and enjoyed the chicken even though it wasn't the best I have made. The internal temp went from 148 to 175 faster than expected. Cook time was 1 hour but should have been about 55 minutes. I usually wet brine chicken but this time I tried a dry brine. Wet brine from now on. I smeared herb butter under the skin and then inside and outside. No basting. On the Chargriller I only had one charcoal basket at the back and that gave me temps at 350 or a tad hotter. I stuck my maverick probe through the top vent and the temp hit 500 at the beginning and stayed above 450 for the cook. 1 chimney of KBB divided between the charcoal baskets. All vents 100% open.

I really like the CB Rotisserie and because it's battery powered it's great for hurricane aftermath when the power goes out.

Hopefully this link will take you to pictures of my Performer and the food. If not please tell me.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9bDeXY0LD76vQsM63

Lew;
That’s a good looking chicken. It is common to have some adjusting to do when using new equipment. You just need to fine tune it regarding timing. I am a believer in wet brining with all poultry.

Keep us posted as to your progress witn the new set up. I predict that you will have a smile on your face,

Keep on smokin’,
Dale53:wsm:

Back