Rotisserie Leg of Lamb w/ potatoes and greek salad

Daum

TVWBB Super Fan
This weekend Kate really wanted some lamb and we decided to give a leg of lamb a try roughly following a serious eats recipe. We made a marinade of EVOO, garlic, pepper, salt, and lemon juice. The lamb hung out in the marinade untied for about 1.5 hours then I tied it back together trying to keep it roughly the same thickness throughout.

Ll2p3uc.jpg

From there it went onto the grill. Did two full charcoal baskets and put some new potatoes under it to catch the fat drippings. The grill ran at around 350-375 for about an hour with it in there. I basted it every 15 or so minutes with some left over marinade using a rosemary/thyme brush.

YkZIdyR.jpg

Pulled it at about 125 from the pit and let it rest for ~15 minutes or so.
Eb7Ua8v.jpg

Initial slices:
O8kyL5G.jpg

All cut up:
YTOsLnT.jpg

Plated with some fresh naan, Kate's great greek salad and the potatoes and some taziki sauce.
XD91Lyr.jpg

All in all a great meal. Was really pleased with how it was cooked. I was worried that once when I took the temp of it I left it for about 10 minutes before turning the rotisserie back on but it came out pretty well evenly cooked anyways.

Also a quick shout out to Bob for his jerky. While this was going on I did my first attempt at jerky and am really pleased with it! Here it is on the smoker (did about 6 hours with hickory):
WB6SDNZ.jpg

The finished product. On the left side had some spicy version of it. Both came out really well. Super easy so will be doing this again!
CF8Ef16.jpg

Have a great week!
Daum

Everything looks awesome. Haven't had lamb in years but that sure does look delicious. Jerky looks good to, have to get Rich going on making some.

Now that's how a leg of lamb should be cooked, thanks for sharing, Bob's jerky's is legendary ... according to everybody.:cool:

I'm going to have to pick up a leg soon, my wife isn't a big lamb fan but, I do have guests with a taste for it! I LOVE lamb!
Some folks just say
"It's not BAAAAD"
Ok, I'll go stand in the corner again.

For a lot of people who aren't a fan of lamb I always ask where they had it. If it wasn't from a nicer restaurant or someone who really knows how to cook I suggest they try it again. I've found often people who don't like lamb because it's so gamey have only had overcooked lamb, had quite a few converts after having more medium rare lamb!

Daum

The lamb looks fantastic and got my stomach rumbling Duam. Excellent cook. Love the Naan too, garlic naan I hope. Jerky looks terrific too.

Back