Grilleye?

JBeck

A lot of reviews on line say this might be one of the better thermometers. Curious if anyone has had any experience. Apologize if this is in the wrong spot new here.

Jim

Interesting...... although I do have to call BS on part of their FAQ page, claiming that their probes are the first to be cleared worldwide by the FDA for safe use with food. The FDA is a United States specific agency (no world wide authority,) and I'd also suspect that companies like Thermoworks might also have something to say about that. I'd also rather have a stainless steel capsule, rather than aluminum. And I'll bet that the 100' Bluetooth range is a rather generous estimate as well (Bluetooth 4/LE?)

Having said all that... looks like it's carried by a lot of common merchants, so it should be easy to acquire. Prices look competitive, just a bit cheaper than the iGrill(2). This could be a winner for a lot of people.

If this is "certified" by the FDA, I would expect a certificate FROM the FDA, not someplace international.... just say'in

To use a quote from a movie: "Promises not put beans on table." I tinkered with an iGrill(2), both of these devices are powered by a pair of AA batteries. Even in clear air, the iGrill(2)'s range is shorter than parts of my anatomy. I'm a little leery about long range Bluetooth promises.

Something else to consider. Aluminum is considered to be reactive in cooking food, I'm not sure why someone would pick this material for a sensor capsule. It shouldn't be an issue when cooking proteins, though.

Last edited:

Back