Overall dimensions of Genesis Silver A (two burner)

Greg Y

TVWBB Pro
Does anyone know the dimensions of an older Silver A? I'm considering going to pick one up but it is a bit of a drive and I need to know if it will fit in my car.
Thanks!

Check the weber web site and find an owners manual for a Genesis Spirit A.

But, I don't know any cars that it would fit into. You would need an SUV probably unless you wanted to put it in a trunk and leave it open. You can also easily take off the lid if you need the vertical clearance.

Greg, what kind of car do you have?

I picked up a Spirit 500 earlier this summer which is dimensionally similar to the early Silver A and it fit inside my car when I had it placed on its back, I didn't even have to remove the lid.

For every other Weber grill I've had to bring home, I've had to remove the lid.

I have a spirit 500 in my garage. The dimensions are: 46" wide x 21" deep x 41" tall

I have a Ford Focus ST. I know it would have fit into my last car, a PT Cruiser, but this one does not have as much cargo space. I did bring home a plastic-topped Performer with the gas ignition in the Focus, so I think this would fit as well.
According to Bruce's dimensions, the car should swallow it right up. Now I just need to get the owner to call me back.

I manage an appliance store. Years ago, I had a customer who told me to put his new full size free-standing range into his PT Cruiser. I said, "Sir, it's not going to fit." He said, "Son, I've done this before!" Sure enough, it went right in and he closed the hatch. I started thinking about getting a PT Cruiser that very day.

Greg, just a little heads up from someone with experience with CL. The communication sucks. It isn't CL itself, but the people that buy and sell on there. When I list a grill for sale, I can count on three or four inquiries with in the first day. Some saying they want the grill and ask when they can come pick it up. I respond to each one and I am lucky if even one responds back.
I don't know why it is, but it seems like some people just go on CL and respond to whatever listing there is without any intention of following through. The same goes for sellers. I buy most of my grills for rehab off CL, but about half the time when i inquire about a listing, I don't get any response for days if at all. I just figure that if people are interested in selling stuff, they would be more responsive. I think some of that is when people list stuff and sell it, they don't bother to take down the add and just ignore future inquiries.

So basically, what I am saying is: Don't get your feeling hurt if you don't hear back. And another piece of advice: Be patient. If you do, you will eventually find what you are looking for at a great price. Maybe free for pickup.

Yeah I get the same thing with CL. You also get the insults and what not. Same goes for buy/sell groups on FB. I many times list the KitchenAid mixers I rebuild on these places. Mostly I put the large heavy frame commercial counter top machines on there. These typically sell new for $550 to $650 and I typically ask about $200. Mind you they are totally rebuilt (in some cases completely refinished), I know all the failure points and I modify them to eliminated those points AND I guarantee the machines for a year! I always get the AHole that says they'll pay $50 than get pi$$ed when I tell them to take a flying leap off a bridge. I don't mind honest bargaining I just hate having my work insulted

Yah, I have just started using FB. I haven't gotten any positive results for my flipped grills, but I have put an add up to have some large Oak trees taken out. The deal is they get to keep the wood. I have had several people inquire but when I reply they disappear. Or they make arrangements to come out and look but then dont follow through. I had one come out and set up a day to do the job but then postponed twice. I have another that was suppose to be out yesterday to look, but postponed to today...we will see. Yah, FB hasn't been very productive for me so far. The whole site is completely confusing to me anyway. And yes, since it is just internet communications, you get a lot of the snide comments and low ball offers and people telling you that your prices are ridiculous, etc... And that is both FB and CL. What I hate most about FB is when you put up a listing and people come on and post their own offers for the same or similar stuff in your comments.

Yep as Rodney Dangerfield said "no respect" LOL Thing I can't get is people agree to ridiculous prices (high) for a used machine with no guarantee yet I offer a full rebuilt and GUARANTEED machine for the same or less and get no takers. I guess even a technician can't fix stupid LOL

I've had good results with FB for selling grills, as I've sold 3 this summer for the full asking price on all 3.

BTW, LMichaels, I bought a dead "bowl lift" Kitchenaid a couple of weeks ago for my own use and replaced the worm gear. Do you have any pictures or previous listings of your Kitchenaids?

I'll have to look. After I sell them I usually delete the photos and simply keep a record of the sale and my inventory ID for warranty

Greg, to your original question. I have hauled 1000's and an A in my Subaru. I take a large yard size plastic bag, tarp, pliers and gloves. I lay the tarp in the cargo area. when I look at a grill and strike a deal, I immediately remove the hood, take out the grates, bars and drip pan and place in the plastic bag. This leaves the frame and box assy which is easy and lite to pick up and put into the car. then the hood and bag of parts get tucked in where they can and off down the road in just several mins.

Back