Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Stable Firmware Release v14

EDIT: Disregard! I updated the image one more time and it looks to finally has taken.

-------------------------------------------

Guys, I've been running an older version of the s/w for a few years now. Today, i decided to get the latest and greatest. I have a raspberry pi B, grabbed the appropriate img (heatermeter-bcm2708-stable_14-skynet.img. I used Win32 disk imager to install it on the SD card. Loaded it and plugged it into power. Via a monitor I watched its progress. Screen goes by to fast to watch everything, but I do see I get a lot of cannot set group tty for /dev/tty**. Then it ends on wlan0: link is not ready. I am not connected to my local network (10.0.0.*). I'm using a edimax wifi dongle.

Let me know what I can try to get this back in action. Thanks!
    Last edited by RWilloughby; 09-06-2018 at 06:50 AM.

Hello all, I'm having problems with my wifi signal dropping. If I notice no activity on my phone, I'll simply unplug the edimax wifi dongle and put it back in. I'm on a Raspberry Pi B, reformatted my SD card, reapplied the image received from download page (heatermeter-bcm2708-stable_14-skynet.img). What could be causing the drop? Sadly, my display is dead, so they only way I can use this is via a wifi connection.

TVWBB Honor Circle Bryan Mayland's Avatar
    You might want to try switching to the snapshot build. The driver for the rtl8192cu wifi chip that the edimax uses turned out to be pretty unstable for people after release so I switched over to a different driver for that chip. My main HeaterMeter uses the edimax adapter and a Pi B with the snapshot and it is solid as a rock whereas before it would drop off randomly after a few hours or a few days.
    I'm that HeaterMeter guy what ruins everybody's free time.

TVWBB Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Mayland View Post
    You might want to try switching to the snapshot build. The driver for the rtl8192cu wifi chip that the edimax uses turned out to be pretty unstable for people after release so I switched over to a different driver for that chip. My main HeaterMeter uses the edimax adapter and a Pi B with the snapshot and it is solid as a rock whereas before it would drop off randomly after a few hours or a few days.
    That sounds like the answer to my problem! Thank you!
    Loving my 18.5 WSM & 22.5 OTS Kettle & KettlePizza attachment and Red Genesis to the great joy of friends and family.

Is there an M to RTF?

(this is a old linux joke, when questions that were simple were answered with RTFM! Read the .... Manual)

Chris

I just bought an 18" WSM and the HeaterMeter board and case and mem card. I have a Pi that was going to build a video game cabinet with but lost interest. I'm trying to find the be all end all of info on how to set this up.......

I've done some searching, but it is a bit spread out and frustrating, but I don't want to be "that guy" that asks a bunch of questions that have already been answered.

Chris

Derp, I just found the wiki on the site. My bad.

Chris

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-BrewBasser View Post
    Derp, I just found the wiki on the site. My bad.

Chris
    Yar, the info is a tad fragmented.
    But, its not too bad

Yeah, it is a bit fragmented. I have a lot to sort through before I annoy people with questions.

Chris

TVWBB Member
    I have an old HM 4.0 board. Can i use the latest stable or snapshot firmware? I was on 10/03/2014(v12) and just updated to v13(02/04/2016) that was in the online repository tab, but noticed that v14 wasn't listed.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast