More Networking Fun

Greg Fountaine

TVWBB Member
What I've seen repeatedly is that my HM when it boots iit's readily accessible over the wifi network - no issues connecting to it at all, navigating the menus, etc.

Then what happens over time - on the local wifi network - if I click on anything to go into the settings it takes a long time or it will timeout.
If I try to reload the IP address of the HM, same thing, either takes a long time or it times out.
If I go to heatermeter.com/devices, it will show timeout for all connections.
Now the HM is outside my house on my deck. About 30' from an AP in my family room

The other night I got exasperated with this and connected up a 50' Ethernet cable directly to the HM, it dhcp'd an address and I could "see it" but it was equally inaccessible even over a physical cable??

What I've done to "fix" this (at least temporarily) is to pull the power supply off the HM for 10 sec and replug it in - what happens with this is I lose the chart history of the cook most of the time?

Another thing I've noticed is that when it becomes inaccessible off my LAN, the temps will continue to update correctly but the chart won't??

Last night I ran the smoker again - I've been using Chrome as my browzer. Tonight after I could no longer get to the configuration/login screens I switched to Explorer and it works snappy. Did I miss the memo on browsers? :D

Everything running fine for me with Chrome. Does anything load for you in Chrome, or just some things don't load? Got any plugins / extensions enabled in Chrome?

I use Chrome exclusively, never had a problem connecting to my 2 HM's, one with a rPi zero-w and another with a rPi B

Back